Value of: Phil Kessel

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He’s only due $1m in actual cash this season. So I’m sure Arizona is fine just keeping him. He’s likely to produce great value for points per dollar this season.
And Toronto is paying 15% of that

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
So he puts 8 teams he knows aren't trading for him. Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh and then throw on some teams like Colorado, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas and Chicago. That was easy.
why would he want to stay in Arizona if there's actually a decent team looking to trade for him ?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kessel has used his NTC to force a trade twice now, once when tried to use his trade list to effectively make a full NTC (which backfired and Pittsburgh traded for him) and once when he forced a trade to Arizona. There's really no reason to expect that he'd operate any differently right now. He already nixed a trade to Minnesota last off-season, and that's with him being from Wisconsin and playing for the University of Minnesota in college.

I think he's definitely riding out his contract in Arizona. Arizona is only paying him about $5.1 million in real cash for both this year and next year (and they've already paid him $4.25 million for this year) and I think he has value as a sell-able face for Arizona. I think the soonest he could get traded is as a rental in 2022.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
why would he want to stay in Arizona if there's actually a decent team looking to trade for him ?

Because winning isn't what's driving him at this point? I'm not saying Kessel doesn't want to win games but he has already "won it all."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->