Phil Kessel who!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Ok, i read somewhere that this guy who is the leader as for goal scored at the U18 WJC is eligible for the 2006 draft!! :eek:
Is it true?? I mean, i didn't even know this name and it would be a great achievement for a guy that young! (16years old i guess) :amazed:
Is it me or no one never spoke about this guy? Anyone out there who knows something about him and the kind of player he is?

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
He is an awesome player. I was lucky enough to see all USA games in the u17 and be was by far the best player there. He is definitely lookin like a Top 10 in the 06 Draft

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
helicecopter said:
Ok, i read somewhere that this guy who is the leader as for goal scored at the U18 WJC is eligible for the 2006 draft!! :eek:
Is it true?? I mean, i didn't even know this name and it would be a great achievement for a guy that young! (16years old i guess) :amazed:
Is it me or no one never spoke about this guy? Anyone out there who knows something about him and the kind of player he is?

Hmm, actually someone did mention him before in this board. And I know X-Sharkie have played with him and said he is the best US player since Roenick.

Dickie D

Mar 1, 2002
Ottawa/Brockville, ON
Visit site
Any word on his college choice (I would guess the Wisconsin Badgers) would be a natural fit, but I know the Saginaw Spirit have stepped up talks to bring him in, with a nicer than usual OHL package and benefits.
I'm not a Spirit fan, but if Kessel were to join them now with their current cast of up and comers and rising stars they could potentially be a juggernaut like London was this season.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Dickie D said:
Any word on his college choice (I would guess the Wisconsin Badgers) would be a natural fit, but I know the Saginaw Spirit have stepped up talks to bring him in, with a nicer than usual OHL package and benefits.
I'm not a Spirit fan, but if Kessel were to join them now with their current cast of up and comers and rising stars they could potentially be a juggernaut like London was this season.

If he does choose the college route, Michigan will more than likely be his destination. You are right about Saginaw intensifying their talks with Kessel's agent and father. When Saginaw first drafted him, I thought they were crazy for doing it in the 4th round as he would never step on to the ice in a Spirit uniform. Doesn't look so crazy now as they have a real good chance in signing him.

X-SHARKIE

My friend Nathan Lawrence is great friends with Phil....I heard Michigan is the top spot...Wisconsin made a push for him as well.

Phill could be the best American born/devoloped player since Mike Modano IMO.

Kessel is awesome. He should be top 5 in 2006 if not #1.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
My friend Nathan Lawrence is great friends with Phil....I heard Michigan is the top spot...Wisconsin made a push for him as well.

Phill could be the best American born/devoloped player since Mike Modano IMO.

Kessel is awesome. He should be top 5 in 2006 if not #1.

Not to nitpick, but Modano really wasn't American "developed", since his junior years were spent in the WHL with the Prince Albert Raiders, but I get your point.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Rabid Ranger said:
Not to nitpick, but Modano really wasn't American "developed", since his junior years were spent in the WHL with the Prince Albert Raiders, but I get your point.

Well... not to nit pick buttttt Modano was tabbed as a top prospect while he was playing for Detroit Little Caesar's so his Age 7-15 development came in the US but by then he was already considered a top prospect.

So American developed? Yes. Canadian fine-tuned? Yes.

Dr_Chimera*

Schlep Rock said:
Well... not to nit pick buttttt Modano was tabbed as a top prospect while he was playing for Detroit Little Caesar's so his Age 7-15 development came in the US but by then he was already considered a top prospect.

So American developed? Yes. Canadian fine-tuned? Yes.

The word "developing" usually refers to a player's state of play up until his peak, which is around 27.

So, if the reference was to the Minnesota North Stars, he is entirely correct.

Although at no age does a player's game and identity develop than at around 17-18. That's when you can distiguish the Kia from the Audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad