Value of: Phil Kessel to Chicago

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kessel actively being shopped- Hawks scouts will be at tonight's game...

some possible scenarios here, Kypreos did mention a little bit ago that Keith for Kessel in some type of a package works out for both sides...I am torn and do not want Keith to go, but that could make some sense with the amount of young defense on the way for the Hawks...

I would prefer some type of Murphy, Sikura, Anisimov, Hayden, 2nd round pick package for Kessel...but if Keith is the Penguins target, this could make some sense for both teams.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Kessel actively being shopped- Hawks scouts will be at tonight's game...

some possible scenarios here, Kypreos did mention a little bit ago that Keith for Kessel in some type of a package works out for both sides...I am torn and do not want Keith to go, but that could make some sense with the amount of young defense on the way for the Hawks...

I would prefer some type of Murphy, Sikura, Anisimov, Hayden, 2nd round pick package for Kessel...but if Keith is the Penguins target, this could make some sense for both teams.

Trading Keith would mean a serious tank job this year and probably next. Those young D are just not very good yet (Joker aside.)
I don't see how 31-yr old Kessel fits.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I'm not sure what Pens management is going for right now. You don't deal away your only Phil Kessel replacement unit (Daniel Sprong) if you are about to deal away Phil Kessel. Kessel is of course the better player, but Sprong would be the perfect replacement as a trigger man on the power play and a RHS RW 5 on 5.

The Pens would want a top 4 RHD for Kessel as well as someone who could fill Kessel's spot without looking wholly out of place. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Duncan Keith, but is trading our best winger for a 35 year old defenseman really the way to prop open the window for another Cup?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kessel's list of teams he would accept a trade to does include the Blackhawks..

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I would love to see Phil Kessel go to Chicago, he started his NHL career in Boston then went to Toronto another original 6 team, it would be hilarious to his him in another Original 6 jersey. Has there ever been a player that played for all 6 Original 6 teams?

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Brandon Saad, Adam Boqvist
for
Phil Kessel, Jamie Oleksiak

___ - Toews - Kessel
___ - Strome - Kane

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Brandon Saad, Adam Boqvist
for
Phil Kessel, Jamie Oleksiak

___ - Toews - Kessel
___ - Strome - Kane
Yeah... my guess is that the base of the ask is

Saad + Boquvist +?

That base doesn’t do anything, at the moment, for Pittsburgh, but I think it’s fair.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016

Saad + Boquvist +?

That base doesn’t do anything, at the moment, for Pittsburgh, but I think it’s fair.
Yeah, Pittsburgh is still in Win Now mode imo... not sure what else Chicago can offer though

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I would love to see Phil Kessel go to Chicago, he started his NHL career in Boston then went to Toronto another original 6 team, it would be hilarious to his him in another Original 6 jersey. Has there ever been a player that played for all 6 Original 6 teams?

Vic Lynn

NYR: 42-43 (1GP)
Detroit: 43-44 (3GP)
Montreal: 45 (2GP)
Toronto: 46-50 (213 reg GP, 35 post GP)
Boston: 50-52 (68 reg GP, 5 post GP)
Blackhawks: 52-54 (40 reg GP, 7 post GP)

From a thread back in 2013/2014.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Kessel's list of teams he would accept a trade to does include the Blackhawks..

Last time anyway. Lists can be changed every summer.

As for Chicago, it would have to be a package. There's several guys that would be of interest, but it's also dependent on what sort of cap Chicago is willing to take on, and who they're willing to give up. I honestly do not know what a deal would look like.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL

Saad + Boquvist +?

Oh wow. Thats awful for the Hawks. I wouldn't want to give up one of those guys for Kessel let alone both. Not saying Phil isn't worth them, but Hawks aren't in the position to be giving up either one while our Defense is a tire fire.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
nothing in Chicago that they would want to move entices me to trade Kessel. it would have to be a package around Saad and/or Boqvist IMO (ideally both but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen).

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Pens would need to get an offer that would "thrill" them enough to move Kessel. He's a player who could decline at any point during the remainder of his contract. Most teams won't pay a premium unless they think a 31-year old Kessel would put them over the top. I don't think anyone would argue that the Hawks shouldn't be trading for him.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
047826EC-D619-4DDA-A2BC-018D4D2957C0.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad