Value of: Phil Kessel to Arizona

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
For the sake of discussion. What does Arizona need to give up to acquire Kessel? He and Rick Tochett have valuable chemistry and Arizona needs some scoring.

Obviously no Keller or OEL (considering he signs in July)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Either Chychrun, Domi, or 5th OA as the basis. Obviously each one has different value, it just depends on if you want to add more or not. Kessel would do well in AZ.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Either Chychrun, Domi, or 5th OA as the basis. Obviously each one has different value, it just depends on if you want to add more or not. Kessel would do well in AZ.

That’s the hard part. Is the sting worth the reward. Kessel, I don’t think can produce the way he has been for very much longer, 3 years, maybe, max? Arizona sure could use his scoring, thats for sure.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That’s the hard part. Is the sting worth the reward. Kessel, I don’t think can produce the way he has been for very much longer, 3 years, maybe, max? Arizona sure could use his scoring, thats for sure.

I think you could manage a Domi+ package. Maybe 5th OA or Chychrun are too rich, but Domi and something significant could probably work.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am guessing Kessel is more a trade of a few smaller things for Kessel then 1 big thing

As other pointed out Domi + other stuff seems the most logical choice

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
OEL. only way I'd give up Kessel. Why should the Pens trade the leading points getter in their two cup runs for anything less of an overpayment?

Reactions: LeafChief

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
OEL. only way I'd give up Kessel. Why should the Pens trade the leading points getter in their two cup runs for anything less of an overpayment?

Question is does the Penguins want capspace for some other position

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Question is does the Penguins want capspace for some other position

You can get great value for Kessel if you're gonna trade him. 6.8 for an elite winger is awesome value
..especially if GMs are handing Kane 7 mil.

Domi and a bunch of +++ doesn't interest me for a 90 point player on a very good contract.

Pens are not Cap stricken. They don't need to trade Kessel for Cap space.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Did the Pens talk with Kessel about waiving his NMC?
The Coyotes can't afford full value in a fair trade. The only way Kessel comes to AZ is if the Pens want to get rid of Kessel's contract and already discussed this.
But if the Pens are listening to offers and haven't approached Kessel, then he probably stays put.

Reactions: Heldig

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He wouldn't waive to go there.

I don't know about that, him and Tocchet get along amazingly and Tocchet is the head coach of the Coyotes. I wouldn't say for sure whether he'd waive to go there or not.

To answer the question, I'm not sure what the Coyotes would offer. Domi would obviously be the first piece, but I'm not sure what else the Coyotes have to add while making sense for the Pens.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I think you could manage a Domi+ package. Maybe 5th OA or Chychrun are too rich, but Domi and something significant could probably work.

How does Domi help the Pens win the cup next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad