Phil Kessel skates down the wing and Shoots...

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
phil at his best

only thing i can say lacking is his ability to do JAGR moves

You should really let it go bro, thats not Phils style of game on that clip and everyone in hockey knows it.

I challenge you to find other clips where he scores for us like that, how many years has he been here and we have seen this, once?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
LOL you keep beating this drum. Tyley Bozak was his centre! The worst #1 centre in the entire NHL. You're making the statement Kessel had a big advantage last season?

In 10-11', he played with AHL linemates and still got over 30 goals, 60 minutes. Terrible argument.

If he played in Pittsburgh's system with Crosby and Malkin like James Neal does, boy would his point totals suffer!

I'm not making the statement that Kessel had a big advantage. I'm saying he played hockey in a way that completely ignored all the defensive duties any other coach in the NHL (other than Ron Wilson) would require from his supposedly best players. The results were grossly inflated point totals and a ridiculously bad plus/minus.

Now with Carlyle and without Lupul, Kessel won't even be able to sniff PPG status. But there may be a bright side...his line might not be the worst defensively in the league anymore.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Phil Kessel's conditioning is suspect

I think his slump is easily explained, the guy is in very poor shape, he's gassed in the first period.

Not very often do we see him break free for a breakaway and wire a shot on the fly like he did the first years in Toronto. Look at pictures of him when he first came to Toronto and compare them to this year, the boy is round.

The cat got fat. So much was made of Kadri's conditioning, but Kadri looks lean and mean compared to Vessel. Time for a few sessions with Roberts, Phil could benefit big time.

RogerRoeper*

I'm not making the statement that Kessel had a big advantage. I'm saying he played hockey in a way that completely ignored all the defensive duties any other coach in the NHL (other than Ron Wilson) would require from his supposedly best players. The results were grossly inflated point totals and a ridiculously bad plus/minus.

Now with Carlyle and without Lupul, Kessel won't even be able to sniff PPG status. But there may be a bright side...his line might not be the worst defensively in the league anymore.

He's in a horrible slump yet still has 4 points in 7 games thus far. His goals will come. And yes, he can end up PPG this season.

And any advantage playing in an offensive system is killed by having Bozak with him. Bozak had 2 PPG wingers last season with him and had tons of ice-time yet couldn't crack 50 points.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Good lord he is snake bitten, at least 2 or 3 amazing chances just stolen away from him by the goalie.

the skill is there, he's working hard for sure, just needs to get that one to get going.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
He's doing the right things. Reminds me of tuning into the radio and hearing "Is Phil Kessel shooting too much?" the other day. Ridiculous. The goals will come, he's getting lots of quality scoring chances.

RogerRoeper*

I will stop posting here for the rest of the season it Kessel doesn't score at least 1 goal on Saturday.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
I will stop posting here for the rest of the season it Kessel doesn't score at least 1 goal on Saturday.
You're far too sensible for these kinds of threads. Ram your head against the wall a few times before you post here, things will make more sense.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Relax guys, he's saving all his goals for this Saturday against the Bruins.

**** you Seguin, **** you you little *******.

It's Kessel time!

Orr vs. Lucic
Komarov vs. Marchand
McLaren vs. Thornton HA!

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Looks like Kessel is saving all of his offence for Bruins on Saturday, watch him net a hatty :sarcasm:

Jokes aside, I feel for the guy can't seen to buy a goal, couldn't even pot a empy netter.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
looks like kessel is saving all of his offence for bruins on saturday, watch him net a hatty :sarcasm:

Jokes aside, i feel for the guy can't seen to buy a goal, couldn't even pot a empy netter.

young guys will win it for us again

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Relax guys, he's saving all his goals for this Saturday against the Bruins.

**** you Seguin, **** you you little *******.

It's Kessel time!

Orr vs. Lucic
Komarov vs. Marchand
McLaren vs. Thornton HA!

Thornton probably won't dress even, he got KO'd tonight by Scott. LOL :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->