GDT: Phil Kessel Press Conference, Sept. 3rd, 10am

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well that was quick....... 13 minutes. :laugh:

For anyone who missed it just click on the tweet above and you should get a replay.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Typical Phil, low key - I think that'll be a good reason why he'll do well in AZ. Just give him the puck and let him do his thing.

Interesting they gave him the Kachina jersey. More signs we're moving back to that.

Too bad Tocchet couldn't be there too.

Phil is so pleasantly awkward.

I think it's just because it's more marketable at this point....the background and hat were still the current howling Coyote. I see the current jerseys and logo staying, with the kachinas in use here and there. Don't want to overuse them.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just noticed Phil is only four games off 1,000 for his career. So he'll hit it in his first week or two with the new team. Biz would be pissed.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Huh? What does Biz have to do with that?

When Biz was with the Coyotes, a bunch of guys hit 1,000 games. When that happens, everyone on the team throws in $1,000 to buy the guy a fancy gold watch. Biz hated shelling out.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Happy to see the Team recognizes the player they have rather than trying to make him what he isn't. Phil does not crave attention so a quick and fairly quiet introduction is enough. Let him live the way he wants and I think the rewards will be there on the ice.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
When Biz was with the Coyotes, a bunch of guys hit 1,000 games. When that happens, everyone on the team throws in $1,000 to buy the guy a fancy gold watch. Biz hated shelling out.

Ohhh, right. Yeah I forgot about that little tradition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad