Phil Kessel performance lately.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
hey guys and gals a habs fan coming in peace.

whats up with Phil the thrill? I gotta say im just going with the scoreboard.. but statistically speaking he doesnt seem involve much or is it just the stats that dont represent how he is playing right now..

can you tell me whats going on with Phil?

thanks in advance ^_^

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The guy’s a piece of shit that is deathly afraid of traffic and contact, can’t make a play anywhere on the ice and is a massive liability when he’s not scoring, which he isn’t.

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC

Montreal Impact FC

Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
The guy’s a piece of **** that is deathly afraid of traffic and contact, can’t make a play anywhere on the ice and is a massive liability when he’s not scoring, which he isn’t.

damn... Phil hasnt changed eh? lol

I hope for you guys he wakes up and starts producing at least so you can ship him elsewhere.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
damn... Phil hasnt changed eh? lol

I hope for you guys he wakes up and starts producing at least so you can ship him elsewhere.
It was fine the past couple years because he would make good decisions with the puck. He was super soft but he'd make good area passes, generally make good choices. But now.... out of literally all the decisions he could make with the puck, 9/10 times it's the absolute worst one he could make

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
When he doesn’t score goals people get pissed. Our PP sucks and people solely blame him. Most forget the countless plays he sets up.

The whole team is trash right now so you’re not going to get a good answer.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
When he doesn’t score goals people get pissed.
He’s a detriment when he’s not scoring. People should get pissed.

Our PP sucks and people solely blame him.
It’s largely his fault. Like the short-handed goal against tonight.

Most forget the countless plays he sets up..
That’s his job. Hell, that’s his *only* job.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
hey guys and gals a habs fan coming in peace.

whats up with Phil the thrill? I gotta say im just going with the scoreboard.. but statistically speaking he doesnt seem involve much or is it just the stats that dont represent how he is playing right now..

can you tell me whats going on with Phil?

thanks in advance ^_^

No opposing fan ever comes in peace. Just man up and be straight.

To answer your question, he's awful this year. We all loved him in his first 2 seasons here. He's hated now.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
That the Penguins have such an issue with team defense up and down the lineup- and not limited to the fact that Jack Johnson sucks - while meanwhile fans treat Kessel as some sort of untouchable player is telling. A player is accountable to the performance of his team while he is on the ice. Scoring 92 points does not make you a great player. Scoring 92 points while your team is far better off with you on the ice does.

Montreal Impact FC

Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
No opposing fan ever comes in peace. Just man up and be straight.

To answer your question, he's awful this year. We all loved him in his first 2 seasons here. He's hated now.

the war will come once we play each other. lol

Phil always is a polarizing player thats for sure he can wow you with his skills and speed but he always finds a way to get hated.. by fans, opponents, teamates.. anyone for that matter. lol

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
the war will come once we play each other. lol

Phil always is a polarizing player thats for sure he can wow you with his skills and speed but he always finds a way to get hated.. by fans, opponents, teamates.. anyone for that matter. lol

Polarizing is right. Some GM out there thinks the guy is electric, a big name and would still give us a nice trade package, including defensive help we desperately need, for him this summer. JR needs to identify that guy and make a deal. Phil's $6.8M should have gone towards adding a top-4 d last offseason. Better late than never.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Kessel has not been good this season but he was a huge part of two Cups so I can't hate him really.

Also he's still over a PPG, so he's been fine that way. The issue is he (and Malkin) have been atrocious at even strength.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Basically, he needs to have a massive post season production to redeem himself, otherwise he's probably getting traded in the off-season, even then he still might get traded this off season. Will always love me some phil for the 2 cups he helped get us, but he's gone this summer.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Basically, he needs to have a massive post season production to redeem himself, otherwise he's probably getting traded in the off-season, even then he still might get traded this off season. Will always love me some phil for the 2 cups he helped get us, but he's gone this summer.
I think you might be right, but I fully expect us to become a worse team for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad