phil kessel is king

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
and what a move he made in the swiss game , blew by the D-man with the old outside-drag the puck inside move and by the D-man.. too bad he didnt score.. looked like he got slashed... this kid gonna be awsome!! :handclap:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Staze19 said:
Will he be as good as Gretzky?

Maybe, but he won't touch Crosby! ;)

Honestly, I hoped this tournament would be a good learning experience for him and he could step into a big role next season. Instead, he's been arguably the US's best forward, and he's got moves to spare. His passing is incredible, his skating is quite good..and those toe-drags...wow. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go first overall in 2006.

leafaholix*

We'll have to see who else is eligible for 2006... it's way too early.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Maybe, but he won't touch Crosby! ;)

Honestly, I hoped this tournament would be a good learning experience for him and he could step into a big role next season. Instead, he's been arguably the US's best forward, and he's got moves to spare. His passing is incredible, his skating is quite good..and those toe-drags...wow. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go first overall in 2006.

I heard he got injured tonight? :dunno:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
HabLover said:
I heard he got injured tonight? :dunno:

Well, last two minutes of the game, he undressed a defenseman to go in on the goalie and the Dman swung around and hit him dead on the laces of his skate, he went down but was able to put weight on his foot. Hopefully just a stinger.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dempsey said:
One has to wonder what this tournament will do for his placement in early 2006 draft rankings...

well even before the tourney i think he is projected as a top 3 guy in 2006 along with Frolik from czech republic and Joensuu from finland...

and all 3 are in the tourney...so the tourney probably solidifies those 3 as the top 3 in the preliminary rankings going into next season but doesn't give any of them an advantage over the others unless one outplays the other big time.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
HOCKEY_GURU said:
and what a move he made in the swiss game , blew by the D-man with the old outside-drag the puck inside move and by the D-man.. too bad he didnt score.. looked like he got slashed... this kid gonna be awsome!! :handclap:

It was the Swiss boys, calm down and you guys barely pulled it out!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
HabLover said:
It was the Swiss boys, calm down and you guys barely pulled it out!

You troll every thread where Kessel gets mentioned....Is it that hard for your die hard Canadian blood to admit there's a superprospect American?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nomorekids said:
because his raging, petty jealousy caused him to lash out and deride yet another american accomplishment?

I thought it was because he wanted to insert another: :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->