Phil Kessel Discussion Thread. (no goals as of Feb 4, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
... and Craig Anderson has a 0.99 GAA, and Vanek scores 3 points a game, and Daniel Winnik is one of the top 3 goal scores in the game.

Urban Explorer*

Not being a homer here at all but Kessel could have easily had 6 goals by now. He is the definition of snake bitten right now.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Kessel has a career average of 10%. The cool thing about SH% is that it's relatively constant over your career, so expect a hot streak coming up.

The fact that he's leading the league in shots is indicative that he's still generating scoring chances. The best scorers in the game will tell you as long as you're getting your chances, they'll start going in eventually.

Let's all back away from the ledge now.

FireEverybody*

Kessel has looked like his plump but dangerous self.
He will be fine.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
... and Craig Anderson has a 0.99 GAA, and Vanek scores 3 points a game, and Daniel Winnik is one of the top 3 goal scores in the game.

Not being a homer here at all but Kessel could have easily had 6 goals by now. He is the definition of snake bitten right now.

This and this.

Get worried if he's invisible. The fact that he's getting chances, and quailty ones shows that he's actually just been unlucky rather than underperforming.

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
Quote of the Night

"He's working his balls off."

- Cody Franson on Phil Kessel's effort despite not scoring.

:laugh:

RogerRoeper*

Poor Boston. Phil is going to go postal on their *****.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Patrick Marleau - 33 shots, 9 goals
Phil Kessel - 33 shots, 0 goals

Feels bad. He's playing well, but damn he needs to get that first out of the way.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kessel is playing his best hockey now since joining the Leafs.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Kessel is playing his best hockey now since joining the Leafs.

I would totally agree with this. The guy is playing great hockey-he could easily have 6 goals right now. I thought him and JVR looked great last night and watching JVR reminded me of his playoff performances in the playoffs two seasons ago. I say leave Kessel be, he will have 20 goals before the end of the season.

Alflives*

Kessel has looked like his plump but dangerous self.
He will be fine.

That's too funny. My wife calls Kessel, "Dough-boy". If he puts the puck in the net, who cares how 'plump' or 'doughy' he looks. Just so long as he does not follow the path of the original 'plump' player - Kyle Welwood.

DaveT83*

Didn't Jason Blake lead the NHL in shots at one point in Toronto too?
The two seem strikingly similar this year IMO.

I could care less if he ever scores again - were winning - without him

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
We've all come to know that when Kessel is REALLY slumping, he is simply invisible. However he's been all over the ice getting all kinds of chances so far.

Shouldn't be worried.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Should we make a counter with the number of games that go by without Kessel getting a goal.

Btw, it would be so fitting if he snapped out of this funk with 3 against Boston. It would be a classic.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We've all come to know that when Kessel is REALLY slumping, he is simply invisible. However he's been all over the ice getting all kinds of chances so far.

Shouldn't be worried.

In a weird way I think this is good.

I saw last night extra efforts (IMO) in the defensive zone. He looked peeved off and went into the corner in the defensive zone with some malice (my interpretation - through an invisible psychic link).

If he keeps this up when he starts scoring all the better for the team.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
His quote I believe was, " In the end the team's winning and that's all that matter right? "

Not a team player my ass. Regardless his drive has been good, it'll only be a matter of time.

MajorityRules*

I'm sure I saw Kessel throw a hit last night and he was going into the dirty areas after the puck. Overall I'd say he's playing pretty well and he may not be scoring but he's creating chances for the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->