Phil Kessel and Erik Johnson who in the nhl do they project like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:
I guess I am not completely sold on EJ --I just don't know... I think I would say Chris Phillips is about as gracious as I will get at this point -which can be a good thing as long as you are not expecting him to be a phenom.

I completely agree! And that's not a shot at Johnson at all. I would welcome a Chris Phillips on my team any day of the week.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Mallard said:
Kessel reminds me of Tony Amonte in his prime.
EJ reminds me alot of Eric Brewer, but a bit bigger and a bit better.

I agree about the Amonte bit. He'll probably have better seasons and more of them, but the combination of skating and shooting made me think of Amonte the first time I saw Kessel play. With respect to those who disagree, Amonte was a great player in his prime, and so at least for me the comparison is not at all meant to be disrespectful. If Kessel were guaranteed to produce like Amonte did in his prime (and maintain that level for longer), I think he'd definitely be worth a top 3 pick.

Anyway, it was just an immediate impression from limited viewing, and so I'm ready to be schooled by those who know better.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Code:
You could make the comparison of Kessel to Bossy.

:biglaugh:

Bossy was almost like a bus stop but had a tricky shot. Kessel is more about speed.

Transported Upstater

phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I wouldnt have called Bure a good passer.......he didnt pass that often......but he could snipe.......i would agree kessel might be a little better passer......maybe not quite as great of a sniper either though.

MAYBE?!?!?

I think it's safe to say Kessell isn't as good a sniper as arguably the NHL's best pure goal scorer of the past decade. :biglaugh:

That said, I'd take Kessel over Toews 10 out of 10 times, and believe he has fabulous NHL potential. He needs to stay at Minnesota though. He won't find a better place for his development as this stage of his career.

Transported Upstater

Jon Prescription said:
Do you watch college hockey at all?

Remember Jon, in any game where Tom Poti is a +1, he played well defensively. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->