Josh007007

Jan 17, 2019
Can anyone tell me how Carolina is doing so well
Or even NYI
Both teams are below buffalo in terms of talent

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Let’s wait until after the long homestand to fire him, gotta make sure we won’t make the playoffs.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
He will be coach till at least christmas. And we will miss out on Q and some others.
I think both Housley and Botts said that they had no expectations this year, so why would anybody get fired?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He will be coach till at least christmas. And we will miss out on Q and some others.
I think both Housley and Botts said that they had no expectations this year, so why would anybody get fired?
When thousands of people give up and drop their tickets after this season they might decide to reconsider.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

As a professional, you have to be thrilled to hear that these past two years there was no expectations to win and no active efforts to win games and quite possibly worse, efforts to make your team makeup worse as well. Meanwhile, guys you were hyped against and friends and who you put yourself on their level are on teams either attempting to win or are already successful.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
As a professional, you have to be thrilled to hear that these past two years there was no expectations to win and no active efforts to win games and quite possibly worse, efforts to make your team makeup worse as well. Meanwhile, guys you were hyped against and friends and who you put yourself on their level are on teams either attempting to win or are already successful.

Yeah, but culture change and they like each other.
That's all that matters.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's 6:17 pm, 2 days after "Blackhawk Down".

And Phil's still the Sabres coach.......

(loud anguished moans and groans heard in the background........)

Last edited:

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
can't wait for someone to post a recap of today's interview, based off a few tweets i read.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

It feels like it was a test. Okay, what will Phil do if Buffalo wins but Hutton stinks in net and gives up 4 goals, and Ullmark plays well, but they lose 1-0...Well we got our answer. So if you're a player, make sure you mess up in our wins if you want to stay in the lineup, don't make the Housley Cardinal rule of making a mistake in a loss; see Pilut.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt there and believe "results based" is just a canned response to any lineup question when he doesn't want to answer or can't think of anything else.

But in regards to that specific change in net after a 0-1 loss, it was a ridiculously silly thing for him to say. I hope that's not part of his actual process in lineup decisions.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'm a lot more cautious in criticizing Phil than some posters, because I often feel that people will take literally every possible decision and paint it as the most obviously dumb thing in the world, no matter how mundane and normal.

But I cringed when I read that. Cringed so hard. That's as bad as the not rolling lines, and not watching tape when he got here.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Yeah that's a damn shame to have a response like that about Ullmark. Maybe Housley's view has been obstructed by the bench glass during games, but holy hell Hutton has been shaky. I was saying at least a month ago about how Ullmark is better and should be getting more starts. I mean still ease him in with what he can handle, but Ullmark is the better guy...except vet status and all...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I had him as fired after 20 games. Still wonder at him being employed as a coach every day. Gone yesterday is not soon enough.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->