Confirmed with Link: Phil Housley Hired as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Vegas right now is showing how far simple well coached hockey can take a team. Playing a system you absolutely don't have the personnel to pull off is guaranteed painful failure. Reminds me of the time Billy Martin sent Mike Pagliarulo up to bat and ordered him to bat from the opposite stance despite the fact he wasn't a switch hitter and had in fact never done that in his life. The result was a 3 pitch strikeout if memory serves.

Vegas has a blueline handpicked with three strong puck movers (Schmidt, Miller, Theodore). That allows their "simple" system to work.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Who's under the most pressure for all 31 NHL teams?

Buffalo Sabres

Head coach Phil Housley

It's hard to fault Housley for posting a .378 winning percentage in his rookie season as coach. The roster he inherited was subpar, at best. But Buffalo made big moves this summer: Subtracting Ryan O'Reilly, but adding much-needed veteran depth plus No. 1 pick Rasmus Dahlin, a generational talent on D. Many players have told me recently that they expect Buffalo to be a surprise team this season. If the Sabres don't improve, ownership might get antsy.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I don't buy it. We had a better team last year than we did during the tank years. I am not saying Housley had a playoff team, but he certainly should have done better than he did. IMO, he should be given a short leash. He needs a winning record by the time November rolls around, or he should be cut loose. If he makes it beyond November, any losing streak of 7 or more games and he is gone.

Reactions: OkimLom and Aladyyn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad