Phil Housley discussion thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is actually a significant trust the process group. Many are STH's and members of the Sabres Booster Club. They think Housley needs another year with a more talented team and that it's important he remain to provide stability and continuity. As far as they're concerned the plan is on schedule.

:facepalm:

Shot me now.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Dear Buffalo Sabres, most of my life I've lived in the Niagara region, Canadian side. I've recently relocated to New Brunswick. If you can't or won't pull the plug on Phil, I can always pull the plug on you!

oh who am I kidding, you're bad for me but you're in my veins.

Still, can you can Phil for me? Pretty please?

Reactions: sabremike

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
You give the Sabres Carey Price they make the playoffs.
Not unless having Price also completely changed how they played for 2/3rds of the season. I mean, it would have to some degree, but they were awful besides between the pipes. They need a better goalie and goalie coach, but they also need an NHL head coach. There is no argument.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
There is actually a significant trust the process group. Many are STH's and members of the Sabres Booster Club. They think Housley needs another year with a more talented team and that it's important he remain to provide stability and continuity. As far as they're concerned the plan is on schedule.
Who are these goofballs, why would they have any sway on a hockey decision as important as noticing this coach is ridiculously bad, and most importantly, are they okay after the apparent coma they've all been in since we lost 4-0 on opening night, and recovered from in time to see the last two games and the overall standings?

Reactions: sabremike

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
This is looking eerily similar to the Josh Allen lead up last year. Almost all posters were against Allen leading up to the draft, then when they took him there was a lot of shock and disbelief that we traded up for him. Same thing is happening with Phil. Everyone is hoping he will get fired but it just isn't going to happen. Everything has pointed to him staying.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Hey I want Phil gone to, but if we had a little more scoring depth and some actual NHL goaltending night to night this wouldn’t be a discussion right now.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Hey I want Phil gone to, but if we had a little more scoring depth and some actual NHL goaltending night to night this wouldn’t be a discussion right now.
He still would make terrible lineup decisions that don't maximize our talent. He still would ignore analytics. He still would get outcoached thoroughly by every coach in the league. Seriously, I can't remember him making a single positive in-game adjustment all year, and he sure as hell cant counter when other teams adjust. He barely even line matches. Having him calling the shots is a massive disadvantage in every game we play.

Reactions: Eichel9

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Yeah, it would. The Sabres having more talent doesn't all of a sudden make Phil a better coach. I wanted him gone during the 10 game winning streak.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Shit. And I can absolutely see Quenneville going to Florida. Dale Tallon loves him some Q.

Phil needs to go. Today. There hasn't been any evidence indicating they're going to fire him, but there is no rationally sound argument to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad