Recalled/Assigned: Phil Di Guiseppe recalled

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Should give Fogarty a look instead.
I agree in principle – if they thought they might need him for several games. But if they know it's only for the one game pre-Christmas-break, it is the kind of perk that can make HFD attractive to other AAAA vets.

(Also, you don't have to worry about stepping on Kravtsov's ego, especially in the wake of all that's gone on with him/Lias over the last couple of months. "Hey, this has no bearing on you – it's a one game trip to play 8 minutes on the 4th line. You'll be going up to play more, and more meaningful minutes once the TDL passes.)

Reactions: kovazub94

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why call up a minor leaguer instead of someone like Gettinger, or someone who might have an NHL future? He has been playing well in Hartford.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He's probably up b/c they want to sit Kakko b/c he ain't 100% and it's the last game before Christmas, so this is whatever.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Thought he was good in preseason....I wonder if this is a little slap in the face of Lias. I also wonder if Filip isn't feeling well after the game?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Why call up a minor leaguer instead of someone like Gettinger, or someone who might have an NHL future? He has been playing well in Hartford.

i think just because it’s an emergency basis. If Chytil and or Kakko are ok he’s going to sit in the press box

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm missing a player here but I assume that means they plan to scratch Haley, or in case BOTH aren't good to go.
Yes, could be either. I feel like it might be more that they'll just preemptively hold Chytil out.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I agree in principle – if they thought they might need him for several games. But if they know it's only for the one game pre-Christmas-break, it is the kind of perk that can make HFD attractive to other AAAA vets.

(Also, you don't have to worry about stepping on Kravtsov's ego, especially in the wake of all that's gone on with him/Lias over the last couple of months. "Hey, this has no bearing on you – it's a one game trip to play 8 minutes on the 4th line. You'll be going up to play more, and more meaningful minutes once the TDL passes.)

This. It’s a little bonus for being a good soldier down in Hartford. I’m pretty sure Fogs will also get his turn eventually.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This. It’s a little bonus for being a good soldier down in Hartford. I’m pretty sure Fogs will also get his turn eventually.

Not to mention, but he's someone that isn't your typical grinder. Plays more of a skill game. Have a feeling they would rather him on the 3rd line than some others.

Also from the games I saw, he was one of their best players recently. He should get the call IMO.

Reactions: kovazub94

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
DiGiuseppe should be here regardless. He should be here over Haley and Smith. I am tired of watching those two idiots fumble the pucks over and over again. They were absolutely terrible yesterday. They could have killed the whole momentum for the game with that goal against in the 1st period against the lowly Ducks team.

Fogarty, DiGi, Gettinger, or Lias should be here over those two idiots. Send Haley down. Scratch Smith. Scratch Staal when Hajek comes back OR Rykov is ready

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad