Confirmed with Link: [PHI/WPG] Kevin Hayes UFA rights for a 2019 5th, pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Previous: Confirmed with Link: - [PHI/WPG] Kevin Hayes UFA rights for a 2019 5th

The wheel grinds on. Forever on.

TYYanJ.gif

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
If they can't sign Hayes by July 1, it could be really fun to see the desperation: Flyers management just taking wild swings at the top-tier FAs, whatever you thought they'd offer for Panarin and Karlsson and Duchene, now plus $2 million. A big package deal at the draft for Kessel and Malkin. Mass hysteria!

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
If they can't sign Hayes by July 1, it could be really fun to see the desperation: Flyers management just taking wild swings at the top-tier FAs, whatever you thought they'd offer for Panarin and Karlsson and Duchene, now plus $2 million. A big package deal at the draft for Kessel and Malkin. Mass hysteria!
More importantly Fletch failed to convince Allison or Laszynski(sp?) and then also Hayes. I would be concerned that he doesnt have what it takes to effectively persuade or negotiate. Two of the more essential qualities a successful GM needs.

Reactions: Rebels57

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
More importantly Fletch failed to convince Allison or Laszynski(sp?) and then also Hayes. I would be concerned that he doesnt have what it takes to effectively persuade or negotiate. Two of the more essential qualities a successful GM needs.
It's not they he doesnt have it. Would you come to this team right now as a FA? JVR did but he played with some of the guys before.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the Flyers can't get Hayes signed, and Duchene goes to Nashville I think it's a trend that's starting that players seem to be closing off a lot of other options earlier in the process. I hope this doesn't become a 2013 redux where we're hot after all these free agents and matching everyone's offers for guys who just weren't interested in coming here. They'll have a lot more trade options, though than they did then.

I'd certainly prefer to get Duchene at 7 x $9m than to get to Hayes at 6 x $6m.
I feel that that's one of the debates is more in price. If the price was close, that the advantage would be to Hayes. If there's a bigger gap then that's different, and I think the gap is bigger.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hahahahaha never in this lifetime. Changes are coming man so enjoy the ride.

Gonna have a tough time enjoying the ride as it plummets and crashes into the dirt. Cant wait for us to spend 5 years sitting in the roller coaster climbing the proverbial hill to find out there's no track on the other side.

Reactions: BernieParent

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Gonna have a tough time enjoying the ride as it plummets and crashes into the dirt. Cant wait for us to spend 5 years sitting in the roller coaster climbing the proverbial hill to find out there's no track on the other side.
Why are against trading som$e of our players for others? We could use a different look but also lets not go crazy and deal everyone away.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm working less than 70 hours a week for the first time in ~10 years. Maybe this is normal and I forgot. :laugh:

One day, i hope to know what that feels like. Im going on my 6th year or so like that now with this company. I keep telling myself it'll pay for itself in the end (i did get a promo recently, and i thought it was to make up for the work i had been doing. turns out, it was just so they could dump my boss' work on me and then move him to a different department - meanwhile i didnt get his title. I digress). My time in LA running our location there was pretty much minimum 90 hour weeks. 7/24/365 operation with client calls at 3 am if trains broke down. Not fun.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why are against trading som$e of our players for others? We could use a different look but also lets not go crazy and deal everyone away.

Im not against trading players if it makes the team better. But trading very good players who had a down year for good players who had a great year isnt my idea of making the team better.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->