Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
no the point is discuss the player. Every team who drafted between rantanen and aho missed.

some missed smalll some missed big. At the end of the day I don’t understand why every thread has to have the leafs dragged into it. Then people complain about Toronto fans. It’s dumb

Edit. I just saw a Stan lee avatar. TWS is the most leaf obsessed poster. Never mind.
Isn’t discussing posters and not the actual post content against the rules here? Mods?

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Leafs wanted a D after drafting Marner early and traded back because they didnt like the options at the end of the 1st. Apparently they picked Dermott over Aho for the same reason and had the Leafs selected a D with their first they wouldve selected Aho, not Konecny, with their second 1st.

Considering Dermott is the best D drafted between Chabot and pick #34, they made the right pick but their strategy was off. Another example why you go best player available rather than drafting for position.

Brandon Carlo went 3 picks later and Vince Dunn also went in the 2nd rd was a D man in the Blues Cup win. Dermott was not the best D man picked after Chabot.

Please dont ruin his revisionist post XD XD XD XD XD XD

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
And while york has top 4 defensive pairing potential and it is not an awful pick, I still get mad the flyers picked the D position and the physical features over caufield.

York was a great pick. Flyers have zero defense after the Friedman and Friedman is a Top 6 odd-man. So they needed a blue chip prospect.

Caufield was probably worth taking a chance on but oh well. Konecny, Frost, Farabee, and hopefully Patrick will help Flyguys transition offensively in a few years. Of course don't forget NAK also

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wish it was 8 years.
Not bad for a 50 pt player. Remember that one? Some of the takes earlier in this thread are cringeworthy, but at least entertaining. Knew this contract would be a steal once it was signed. 44pts in 49GP for TK and one of the Flyers core players for years to come. If more teams got team friendly deals like these, they would be all laughing.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Flyer fans knew what kind of player Konecny was when he signed, it seemed all the complaints were coming from outside the fan base.

It was the same way with Coots, people beating him down years before he signed the majority of Flyer fans knew what they witnessed but fans around the league or most of them viewed him as a 3rd line center, for many years this guy has been Selke caliber.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
no the point is discuss the player. Every team who drafted between rantanen and aho missed.

some missed smalll some missed big. At the end of the day I don’t understand why every thread has to have the leafs dragged into it. Then people complain about Toronto fans. It’s dumb

Edit. I just saw a Stan lee avatar. TWS is the most leaf obsessed poster. Never mind.
Imho Winnipeg, Ottawa and Vancouver didn‘t miss.

To me the only team that really failed were the Bruins.
Just imagine them picking Aho, Boeser and Connor (the ABC line) or Chabot instead of Boeser.
They would have dominated the league for years.
So, everybody was lucky they were on drugs or too sober, who knows.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Isn’t discussing posters and not the actual post content against the rules here? Mods?
The irony of complaining about breaking the rules while breaking the rules in the process. Bravo.
** If you see a post that violates any of the above rules, use the report post feature. Using this can bring it to the attention of all active moderators and it will be addressed as quickly as possible. Once a post is reported, leave it alone and let the mods do their job. Do not respond to the post, tell the poster they were reported, or chide people for violating the rules.

Reactions: izzy

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why do we have to do this everytime? Let the people stew in their own shame. We all can see they have terrible talent evaluation. Theres no need to call it out with every point milestone.

Reactions: mize370 and SnS

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why do we have to do this everytime? Let the people stew in their own shame. We all can see they have terrible talent evaluation. Theres no need to call it out with every point milestone.

Actually, people with terrible talent evaluation skills tend to be in deep denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad