Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
27 point in 29 games with an unreal 60.1% Corsi and 11.2% Corsi Rel but he's not in the top 3 of TOI so unfortunately he's still not a 1st liner.

Where's Rooster with his fancy charts to show everyone how terrible TK is?

upload_2019-12-6_10-31-32.png

He's actually playing very well this season, good for him. His raw on-ice metrics will probably benefit a bit from Couturier, but he's doing well in his own right.

However, that doesn't change that he clearly was not a first liner last year, when he played 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes and his underlying metrics were putrid:

upload_2019-12-6_10-32-6.png

We'll see whether or not he can keep this strong play up over the course of a full season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’d ask if you were taking a break from making any sort of argument, but you can’t take a break from something you never started doing in the first place.

He doesn't have to make an argument when it's so obvious to everyone how bad your arguments were.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He doesn't have to make an argument when it's so obvious to everyone how bad your arguments were.

Not that I’m one for appeals to majority, but, no, this isn’t even true. Outside of a few insecure Flyers fans, the majority here were saying that he was not a first liner at the time of the signing.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
View attachment 287449

He's actually playing very well this season, good for him. His raw on-ice metrics will probably benefit a bit from Couturier, but he's doing well in his own right.

However, that doesn't change that he clearly was not a first liner last year, when he played 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes and his underlying metrics were putrid:

View attachment 287451

We'll see whether or not he can keep this strong play up over the course of a full season.

DUDE he doesn't even play with Couturier. JFC

Reactions: Neutral Hockey Fan

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Not that I’m one for appeals to majority, but, no, this isn’t even true. Outside of a few insecure Flyers fans, the majority here were saying that he was not a first liner at the time of the signing.

You say that but I got roasted for the stance- it's a fair contract but let's wait and see how he develops before calling it a steal.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
11 goals, 21 assists, 32 points in 32 games. DEFINITELY not a first line winger. Guess JoeThorton is right, lol. When will you admit you were most definitely wrong and eat the crow you are due???

Not to mention he's a heart and soul type guy who plays with an edge.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
You say that but I got roasted for the stance- it's a fair contract but let's wait and see how he develops before calling it a steal.
His contract would be fair if he's a consistent 25 goal, 50 point player throughout the life of the deal. Right now he's a he's a PPG player. I wouldn't be shocked but I also don't expect him to be a PPG guy by the end of the season but even if he's a 65-70 point player which he will be, at least this season, the contract is a steal.

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
His raw on-ice metrics will probably benefit a bit from Couturier, but he's doing well in his own right now.

TK hasn’t really played with Couturier this year. If anything, TK is carrying the lines he’s on. Not only that, he’s had the 7th most points, albeit his P/60 isn’t that high in the list, from a 2015 draft some consider to be one of the best. He’s 8th in goals from that list and 9th in assists.

This year, he’s 16th in the NHL for P/60 which puts him in the 50th percentile for number 1 forwards on a team; meaning he’d be the most efficient F on half the teams in the league. Of course this metric doesn’t hold a ton of weight because Rocco Grimaldi is in that quartile too, but TK has been really good year in and year out.

His on-ice productivity is clearly T6, even in a ‘down year’. What point are you trying to make even when you are mischaracterizing facts like TK benefiting from Couturier when TK doesn’t play much with Couts anymore.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
TK did start the season playing with Couts and has played with him on and off but probably not more than half the season so far. He certainly isn't being carried by anyone, in fact, any line he's played on has taken off when he joins them.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
His contract would be fair if he's a consistent 25 goal, 50 point player throughout the life of the deal. Right now he's a he's a PPG player. I wouldn't be shocked but I also don't expect him to be a PPG guy by the end of the season but even if he's a 65-70 point player which he will be, at least this season, the contract is a steal.

Ya that's exactly what I said when he signed, I said it was a good contract if he didn't improve, with the potential to be a steal, and basically was taken as **** talking Konecny. This isn't a problem with TC or Flyers fans but hfboards as a hole, every contract has to be a steal or an overpayment the second the ink dries. The reality is they're usually closer to fair value with projection going on, both teams signed it for a reason. Today, it's a steal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
TK has played 62% of his 5v5 minutes this year with Couts....
And there is nothing wrong with that considering Couts goes up against top lines...so TK is too. So TK is not getting easy minutes at all.

And TK's play style and speed works well with Couts who is't the fastest at times.

I always find it odd that people think it's weird that good players, often play with other good players.

For sure Flyers fans have no issue giving up the pick that ended up Bracco to move up from the pick that became Dermott, for TK. TK fits an exact need. Hopefully the Flyers moving up to grab Brink will give a similar reward.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
TK hasn’t really played with Couturier this year. If anything, TK is carrying the lines he’s on. Not only that, he’s had the 7th most points, albeit his P/60 isn’t that high in the list, from a 2015 draft some consider to be one of the best. He’s 8th in goals from that list and 9th in assists.

This year, he’s 16th in the NHL for P/60 which puts him in the 50th percentile for number 1 forwards on a team; meaning he’d be the most efficient F on half the teams in the league. Of course this metric doesn’t hold a ton of weight because Rocco Grimaldi is in that quartile too, but TK has been really good year in and year out.

His on-ice productivity is clearly T6, even in a ‘down year’. What point are you trying to make even when you are mischaracterizing facts like TK benefiting from Couturier when TK doesn’t play much with Couts anymore.

Mischaracterizing facts? What the f*** are you talking about?

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Is Natural Stat Trick also “mischaracterizing facts”?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
All the flyers do is draft ppg players late in the first. Just got out of the most underrated players thread, aka the Giroux thread. Thank you to the leafs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad