Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Nolan Patrick Accepts QO from Flyers (1 year, $874,125)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sad for any player to have his career derailed by injuries. Still young and plenty of time to return, get healthy and hoping for a full recovery.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
It's not related to any injury at all given what we've been told. He has a family history and has had them in the past; it's quite possible for them to flare up, without a discernible cause, and become difficult to nigh uncontrollable in adulthood.

I've been dealing with it personally for over a decade. Not fun and incredibly frustrating not knowing the cause (or by extension - how to treat it).

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'd really love to see this young man step back on the ice to play a long career. I myself have suffered 27 concussions, as well as 3 traumatic brain injuries in my life. Living with post traumatic stress disorder is not an easy condition to deal with because no one can visually see the injury. This young man should get a ton of support from the Flyers fans @ Wells Fargo Centre, when and if the fans are allowed to go to the games. I am so happy for Nolan Patrick to sign this extension and continue his disrupted career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
The last I heard about Nolan Patrick is that he was at his home in Manitoba. He has been working out privately, and he has been staying in touch with Chris Stewart (who's been giving Patrick advice and encouragement which has been helpful). I'd really love to see this young man step back on the ice to play a long career. I myself have suffered 27 concussions, as well as 3 traumatic brain injuries in my life. Living with post traumatic stress disorder is not an easy condition to deal with because no one can visually see the injury. This young man should get a ton of support from the Flyers fans @ Wells Fargo Centre, when and if the fans are allowed to go to the games. I am so happy for Nolan Patrick to sign this extension and continue his disrupted career.

27 concussions and 3 traumatic brain injuries??? You have more lives than a cat.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
That’s incorrect, the migraines had absolutely no relevance to his concussion, he had migraines when he was a kid and they happened to come back
I also suffered from migraines as a child. I was abused as a child, and many of my earliest head injuries were sustained through that period, which were undetected since my parents never took me to the doctor for treatment.
Having intense migraines throughout my life has caused me to avoid bright lights and noise, yet living in the lifestyle I grew up in was very difficult, as my parents flat was very near the rail station and the slaughterhouse.
Even though I had a migraine issue, being bashed about didn't help the situation a tiny bit.
My time in the R.A.F. also added a bit to the injuries I sustained, yet I would do it again if I had to for my duty to my country.

Reactions: Icelevel

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
27 concussions and 3 traumatic brain injuries??? You have more lives than a cat.
As I said, I was abused as a kid, then I played rugby as a teen and into my A level and college. I was also a Lieutenant in the Royal Air Force during the Falklands War. I began playing ice hockey in my mid twenties (defense), and grew to love the game. I have several scars from my playing days....hockey in the U.K. is a bit tough. Not for the weak hearted for sure. The team I followed was the Philadelphia Flyers, and I still love them today.....although there are some players I don't fancy (too concerned about their poofy little dogs than leaving everything on the ice).

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I guess the injury concerns mentioned in his draft year were true. Tough to see for such a promising prospect

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
New Jersey Devils dodged a bullet when they didn't draft him first. Poor guy. Hopefully he bounces back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->