Confirmed with Link: [PHI/MTL] Montreal acquires Dale Weise and Christian Folin for David Schlemko and Byron Froese

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Great interview

Weise the player? Who knows how that's going to work out. We'll have to wait and see.

Weise the guy? I love him. Guy loves the Habs down to his core and you can tell. Played well for us in some huge games and is gushing about being back.

This is the exact same scenario we acquired him last time. Didn't cut it with NYR and was drowning in Van. Then he played lights out for us. Now, he's just 6 years older.

I've learned not to count him out.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
People like to vaunt the benefits of "attitude". Well, if you buy into that, take one small step forward and you get motivation and Weise has plenty of that. His first game should be fun to watch.
Weise coming from Philly, and Thompson coming from LA really should give DLO a boost, and hopefully the 4th line will start bringing it!!

The gratitude in his voice, is amazing...he really loves playing for the Habs!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weise coming from Philly, and Thompson coming from LA really should give DLO a boost, and hopefully the 4th line will start bringing it!!

It's so unusual to hear a player talk like he does. I don't care that he's a 4th liner, he really wants to be here. And loves the "fishbowl" aspect. Here's a guy who loves the idea of playing in a Canadian city and it shows. Now, bring it the best you can, Dale. We're all rooting for you to succeed.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I did not know he was that hyped on coming back. Hopefully he can use that energy on game day.
Montreal made him earn that juicy 8M$ contract the Flyers gave him. I remember how bad our team was and how many games Weise played on our top line with Max Pac and DD. On any other roster he would've been rightfully buried down the lineup, like he was on putrid Philly teams.

He was one of the hardest workers on those putrid teams and was clutch too in the POs vs Boston (remember Lucic threatening to kill him lol). He always seemed enthusiast about playing in Montreal, hopefully he can make a positive difference now that he's back.

Reactions: McTusk and BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How can you not love a guy who bought a Carey Price Shooter Tutor for his kid:

The couple's five-year-old son, Hunter, has always been a Habs fan and never let go of his love for the CH, according to the gritty forward.

"He's pumped. When we were in Montreal, Hunter was just two or three years old. He kind of had an idea of what it was all about, but now he really has an understanding of what I do and how it all works. He can play the video games and stuff like that. We've got the Carey Price Shooter Tutor in our garage, so telling him was a really cool feeling. Montreal was the first time where he realized what his dad did," explained

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's so unusual to hear a player talk like he does. I don't care that he's a 4th liner, he really wants to be here. And loves the "fishbowl" aspect. Here's a guy who loves the idea of playing in a Canadian city and it shows. Now, bring it the best you can, Dale. We're all rooting for you to succeed.
How many star ufa's have said no to the Habs, because of the attention and pressure. This guy just loves it!!! It brings out the best in him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
From this morning's practice:

EuYYF1z.gif
Just finish your checks like in your first year with us bud and dont think youre a first liner playing with desharnais again lol, and we'll be juuuuuust fine

He's pumped to be back, and why there's a "sense of joy" around here as Kriss e puts it is simply because we know he's at least gonna bust his ass off for the team, a guy genuinely happy to be here, who had to leave because we started sucking, and now back with a newfound pep in his step hopefully after being in the cellar with philly for a spell

Just hope he gives the 4th line some good play, Thompson too

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How many star ufa's have said no to the Habs, because of the attention and pressure. This guy just loves it!!! It brings out the best in him.

If only a star free agent could have the same mentality as Weise. Closest we have came was Briere and evidently he did not want to deal with the spotlight back in 2007.

Reactions: Redux91

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This is the kind of guy every teams needs,if possible. So glad and happy for him to be back and he still is a great interview.He has to do broadcasting when all is said and done,that or a stand up comedian.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

They asked him about not getting his old locker room stall back..he said he said he'd take the stall in the bathroom..lol

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If only a star free agent could have the same mentality as Weise. Closest we have came was Briere and evidently he did not want to deal with the spotlight back in 2007.

Weise has a son who loves the HABS too..likes playing hockey.....maybe will see him in a Habs jersey 13-16 yrs from now..lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB will be on his 20 yr extension at that point, and still building through the draft, and scared to go all in...Therrien will be back for his 4th term.

Alain Vigneault has first dibs on the returning coach carousel.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He would make sense, Jacques Martin to run the PP. lol

Montreal definitely subscribes to the notion of everything old is new again.

Surprised Bob Hartley never got to join the carousel.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Montreal definitely subscribes to the notion of everything old is new again.

Surprised Bob Hartley never got to join the carousel.
Actually, I'm a fan of Hartley. Has won everything, everywhere he went. Let's see if he wins the Gagarin cup this year.

Not saying he should coach the Habs, but you need to consider him as a potentially decent candidate.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I don’t think he’s done and I think the main reason why he was waived by Philly was more because he was a 4th liner making over 2m.

Some Philly fans were saying that he was having his best season with the Flyers this season. If he played a whole season this year he would have been projected to to get over 20 points, I would be very happy with these numbers for a 4th liner.

We have the cap space to overpay and I don’t mind giving that money to someone who’s loyal to this city and has accomplished great things here. I think he will do just fine.

Reactions: Disturbed1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->