Trade: [PHI/MIA/LAC/POR] Butler and Leonard to MIA, Richardson to PHI, Whiteside to POR, Harkless to LAC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Blazers basically trading two crappy contracts for one.

Decent, but expensive bench option i guess since there's no chance he starts over Nurkic, otherwise blah

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Actually on second thought, he fills a huge need. Defense needs to be shored up, salaries work and he's an expiring. He was riding the pine last season for some reason, but he can ball and will likely do great here.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Career PER of 24.1

His averages per 36 minutes over the last 342 games: 15.8 rebounds, 3.2 blocks, and 18.5 points on .57% shooting

Portland fans should be thrilled with this deal. He's got immense upside, and it cost them next to nothing to acquire him

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Career PER of 24.1

His averages per 36 minutes over the last 342 games: 15.8 rebounds, 3.2 blocks, and 18.5 points on .57% shooting

Portland fans should be thrilled with this deal. He's got immense upside, and it cost them next to nothing to acquire him
He's 31 years old and is one of the whiniest, mopiest players in the league.

Miami is saying good riddance today to Whiteside.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
He's 31 years old and is one of the whiniest, mopiest players in the league.

Miami is saying good riddance today to Whiteside.
I mean to be fair he was in Spo's doghouse pretty bad, whether it was warranted or not.
I watched so many games last season where he was eating only to get benched for Kelly Olynyk and they subsequently lose the game. He was getting like 20 minutes a night which is ridiculous.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ woj trying hard to make it seem like kawhi would choose the clips to play with moe harkless

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Last fall it was reportedly Richardson, Olynyk, and a 1st for Butler but it fell apart.

Yesterday it was Richardson and Dragic for Butler or Richardson, Olynyk, and DJJ for Butler but both fell apart.

The final deal now appears to be Richardson, Whiteside, and a protected 1st for Butler and Leonard.

I have to see the protections for the pick first so I might change my mind but I'd say the final deal looks pretty solid. I wouldn't be surprised if they still traded Dragic but for now he's still on the team and they got rid Whiteside in the process.

Also, I have no doubt that Mark Cuban's BS cost the Heat a future 1st here. I don't buy the miscommunication stuff. First of all, the Olynyk and DJJ deal doesn't even work for the Heat from a cap perspective. They have one of the best cap guys in the league in Andy Elisburg and have been preparing for this for some time so they're not going around offering an illegal trade. Also, a bunch of Mavs reporters immediately confirmed the Dragic part of this.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Richardson is better than anything the Sixers were getting from the Rockets, so since they tried to keep him and he wanted just wanted to be in Miami you can't complain. They couldn't take on another player like Adebayo or someone cause of cap reasons and not being able to afford Horford if they did, but I'm confused as to how Brand didn't get Miami to throw in some picks too.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Like actually?

Gordon is the Magics franchise player & CLE clearly wants Love to stick around, hence the contract extension.
You obviously don't follow rumors. Love has been in Portland all week hinting he wants to come here. Gordon has been rumored in packages since the trade deadline, they have a log jam in their frontcourt now with Isaac,Aminu, Vuc, Bamba, Okeke and Gordon all fighting for positioning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad