Trade: [PHI/MIA/LAC/POR] Butler and Leonard to MIA, Richardson to PHI, Whiteside to POR, Harkless to LAC

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
awesome news for the lakers as it puts to rest any talk of kawhi/butler teaming up with the clips

that klay situation is starting to scare me a little though

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hearing its richardson and olynyk going to PHI and dragic to DAL to make room for butler

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Miami really got Butler while only giving up one of Richardson, Winslow, Bam, and future picks then that's huge.

Richardson is awesome though. Young and cheap two-way wing who can shoot. He's a perfect fit for the Sixers.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sixers lost butler and redick but with horford and richardson they still have a pretty formidable team

not sure how riley pulled this one off to be honest

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
No one wanted to give significant dollars to Butler. That's why.

They're still a fringe team even after this trade.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Does Miami think Butler is a superstar franchise player?

I don't understand why they'd give up Richardson, nor do I think this deal puts them any closer to be a contender

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Does Miami think Butler is a superstar franchise player?

I don't understand why they'd give up Richardson, nor do I think this deal puts them any closer to be a contender

its an odd fit for sure. guess he just wants that south beach lifestyle

but its not the clippers or rockets so i'm happy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm happy the Heat got Butler because they needed someone like him. I wasn't a big fan of trading a younger Richardson plus other futures assets for him earlier this season but after watching them all season, it was clear Richardson couldn't be the go to guy. No, they're not a contender but they were never going to tank and Butler will close a bunch of those games they lost last season.

I'm also happy to see both Richardson and Dragic go to great situations. I think both guys preferred to stay in Miami but Richardson gets to play for a contender now and Dragic joins his good friend Doncic on a team with a lot of potential.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I like this for both teams. Richardson will fit in well, he replaces Jimmy's defense and Reddicks 3 ball (albeit at a lower level on both counts), Jimmy gets to be primary option and they should have enough to at least compete for playoffs.
Idk if they just gave away Dragic or what, but interested to see how that plays out too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What moves? You got Porzingis signed long term? They still need a PG and Dragic would have been a great fit. All the big names are gone.

Stupid.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't imagine this all falling apart over DJJ. He's fun and has potential but if he has to be in the deal then so be it. The Heat and Sixers have come too far to not find a way to get this done.

The Mavs not wanting Dragic, who is on an expiring contract, is weird unless they think they can get someone like Beverley.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So weird. How does one team think it's Dragic and the other Olynyk and DJJ? It's not like that failed three team deal from last season when the teams were confused about which Brooks was in the deal. They've been working on this for some time and didn't know what they agreed to? Doesn't add up.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Right before that Tweet I saw that they were happy to acquire Dragic as hes the only other Slovenian in the league aside from Doncic. He became a mentor to him after an international tournament a few years back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Thank you.

I don't care about the return whatsoever. I've been waiting years for the day that I don't have to watch Whiteside mope around in a Heat jersey. Also, Butler can get his #21 jersey now and won't get suspended for punching Whiteside during practice, which would've been inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad