Trade: [PHI/LAC] Tobias Harris, Boban, and Mike Scott for Chandler, Muscala, Shamet 2 1sts and 2 2nds

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You can certainly look at it like that although I would say a starting 5 of Simmons, Embiid, Harris, Butler, and Redick is hardly underwhelming. Yes, they could lose one or both of Harris/Butler but if that happens there should be other free agents out there. And I think the Sixers are now very much a team that good players will want to play for. The future assets are nice to have but there's no way to know for sure how good those picks will turn out to be and the thinking is obviously if you can use them to get a player like Harris you do it. Obviously time will tell whether Brand made the right decision or not, but I can't really fault him for trying to make a big move now rather than waiting.

Yeah, it's a good team for sure, don't get me wrong. It just seems like something was a little off in terms of the fit when I watched. Maybe Harris changes that. But good for them for going for it.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'd like this move more for Philadelphia if Tobias was the 6th man. Which would improve their bench immensely.

He is the same fringe all-star that he was in Detroit and will want to be paid this offseason. But he is not a stretch 4...no matter how many times he attempted it in Detroit or elsewhere

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't believe the Clippers got that much in return for Harris with his contract status. Still, he's a big addition for the Sixers and a much needed shooter. I'm not buying the reports of them looking to max out four guys though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Sixers paid too much but man Jerry West really is the guy to turn franchises around.

yeah he's honestly a better executive than he was a player

played a role in putting together the showtime lakers
signed shaq and acquired kobe for divac which set the stage for the 3-peat
goes to memphis and gets the grizzlies from the cellar into the playoffs
helped set the foundation for the warriors current dynasty

Reactions: Voight and Gecklund

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This trade is great for LA longterm, but opens the door wide for Sac to take that 8th spot. I don't see the Lakers group recovering from all these trade rumors.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Fantastic trade for the Sixers. I like Shamet and will miss him but he's nobody to lose sleep over or someone that makes you 2nd guess doing a trade like this. Sixers gave up practically nothing unless that Miami pick in 2021 is like Top 3 and even then if they keep Harris (and Butler) and are contending you won't be upset about it. Boban is a decent backup center and Scott is essentially Chandler/Muscala.

This trade also tells me that they've officially punted all hope on Fultz and that they either A) see anything they might get from him in the future as a bonus or B) hope they can move him for some bench depth before he winds up with Okafor-esque value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad