Trade: [PHI/LAC] Tobias Harris, Boban, and Mike Scott for Chandler, Muscala, Shamet 2 1sts and 2 2nds

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now Philly just needs to give us the Bulls SRP & our 2020 SRP for Vonleh, and land the right buyout guy or two.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well the Clippers better draft well because they just gave up their best player and two solid bench players for shit.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Apparently they plan to make this core a long-team thing. I'm still unsure about Butler's fit on the team though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That Miami pick is juicy af tbh.
I mean yeah if they can get a good player. But that player could just as soon turn into Bennett, Wiggins, Okafor, etc. also Miami could add some max level player that turns their team into a playoff team in the crappy east. Harris is far and away the Clippers best player. I mean I guess right now it makes sense to build around Shai and with Harris gone, Clippers will be out of the playoffs by mid March. My biggest problem is yes these picks could be great and be top picks or they could be awful. There’s just so much uncertainty.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well the Clippers better draft well because they just gave up their best player and two solid bench players for ****.

Like they’re not adding those picks to Gallo’s contract, SGA, a Bradley for Hill contract swap, and every pick they can add to try & capitalize on the Pels’ spite for the Lakers.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I mean yeah if they can get a good player. But that player could just as soon turn into Bennett, Wiggins, Okafor, etc. also Miami could add some max level player that turns their team into a playoff team in the crappy east. Harris is far and away the Clippers best player. I mean I guess right now it makes sense to build around Shai and with Harris gone, Clippers will be out of the playoffs by mid March. My biggest problem is yes these picks could be great and be top picks or they could be awful. There’s just so much uncertainty.
There was uncertainty with Harris too, he's a UFA after this season. And let's not forget that players like Kawhi and AD have shown interest in coming to the Clippers. The market also potentially includes KD, Kyrie, Butler...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There was uncertainty with Harris too, he's a UFA after this season. And let's not forget that players like Kawhi and AD have shown interest in coming to the Clippers. The market also potentially includes KD, Kyrie, Butler...
And all of those are what ifs.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols god damn. jerry west is truly a magician

how the hell did the clips get two firsts for a guy who is a FA after this season? watch NO deal AD there just to spite the lakers

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Harris must be good, because the Sixers just burned through most of the assets they had left from the Process. So, they better think that they're there and in position to win the whole thing.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is Landry Shamat any good?

Yes. Hurts to lose him. Good shooter who can also put the ball on the floor. His defense has improved as the year has gone on. Most Sixers fans likely saw him as Redick's eventual successor, possibly as soon as next year.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yes. Hurts to lose him. Good shooter who can also put the ball on the floor. His defense has improved as the year has gone on. Most Sixers fans likely saw him as Redick's eventual successor, possibly as soon as next year.
So is he more of a SG than a PG? If so Avery Bradley is as good as gone by the deadline.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He played PG in college but the Sixers have played him at SG. Probably better suited to that in the long run.
After sleeping on this deal, I'm slowly warming up to it. Clippers won't make the playoffs now. They have move Bradley and play Chandler/Gallinari to raise their trade value and hopefully trade in the offseason. Also being from Sacramento, it looks like the Kings are going to make the playoffs. The Clippers then keep their 1st, and add Kawhi and AD. A big three going forward of Shai (definitely the weakest piece), Kawhi, and AD with a little luck in the draft could be absolutely amazing. What would be really cool is if the Clippers somehow win the lottery. A starting lineup of Shai-someone-Kawhi-Zion-AD would be absolutely crazy.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I like Harris, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the end of all the 76ers assets essentially? When viewed through that context, the exhausting of all assets, it feels underwhelming a little. Seems like the 76ers gave up a lot here. And Butler and Harris are UFA after the season. Is it possible one or both bolt and the 76ers are left with little room for improvement?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
As someone who has Harris on their contending fantasy team, I gotta say, I'm not a fan of this trade

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
After sleeping on this deal, I'm slowly warming up to it. Clippers won't make the playoffs now. They have move Bradley and play Chandler/Gallinari to raise their trade value and hopefully trade in the offseason. Also being from Sacramento, it looks like the Kings are going to make the playoffs. The Clippers then keep their 1st, and add Kawhi and AD. A big three going forward of Shai (definitely the weakest piece), Kawhi, and AD with a little luck in the draft could be absolutely amazing. What would be really cool is if the Clippers somehow win the lottery. A starting lineup of Shai-someone-Kawhi-Zion-AD would be absolutely crazy.

i would assume SGA would have to be included in any deal for AD. as would their 1st round pick

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I like Harris, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the end of all the 76ers assets essentially? When viewed through that context, the exhausting of all assets, it feels underwhelming a little. Seems like the 76ers gave up a lot here. And Butler and Harris are UFA after the season. Is it possible one or both bolt and the 76ers are left with little room for improvement?

You can certainly look at it like that although I would say a starting 5 of Simmons, Embiid, Harris, Butler, and Redick is hardly underwhelming. Yes, they could lose one or both of Harris/Butler but if that happens there should be other free agents out there. And I think the Sixers are now very much a team that good players will want to play for. The future assets are nice to have but there's no way to know for sure how good those picks will turn out to be and the thinking is obviously if you can use them to get a player like Harris you do it. Obviously time will tell whether Brand made the right decision or not, but I can't really fault him for trying to make a big move now rather than waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad