Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Flyers re-sign Hagg [2 years/$1.15M AAV]

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
1.15m is probably what you should expect. Fair for two year average. 1m this year and 1.3 the next is fine. Should improve.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In 2019-20...the backlog begins.

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Myers

That should be the top 4

Gudas and AMac will have 1 year left at that point

Morin Hagg are both signed too.

Then Friedman will have 2 years of AHL time under his belt.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It’s hard for me to overstate how underwhelmed I am by this player, but I’m happy we kept the AAV down. Now trade him before everyone around the league understands how limited he is as a player.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Hagg is a true journeyman that seems to play the coach's system to a fault. It's possible that he could make a significant leap this year now that he's more comfortable with the NHL game.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Good AAV.. I was scared seeing the money being thrown around by teams nowadays that he would score a higher salary... But this is fair

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hagg is a frustrating guy, mainly because our coach overexposes him because he's "safe," but at that price, it's hard to say he doesn't belong here. In a couple years' time, when we have Provorov/Gostisbehere and Sanheim/Myers established, Hagg/Morin could be a very effective third pair (presuming we get to keep them all.) That presupposes the coach doesn't play Hagg up on the second pair, though; that'd be annoying as crap, not least of which because Sanheim gets buried for mistakes Hagg is allowed to make regularly.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Glad they paid him for who he is and not how the coach used him. With a little improvement this could be a good deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->