Confirmed with Link: PHI Claims Calvin Pickard | CAR claims Curtis McElhinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Bunch of chicken littles here. And what was the option? Keep all of them at the NHL? Keep 3 goalies at the NHL? Some people like to complain just to complain. Or do people actually really believe that Sparks would not have been claimed? Toronto can just re-claim one when the goalies Pickard and Mac replaced come back. But yes, let's all freak out because the Leafs lost players on waivers that they had to waive anyway. Carry on with the hand wringing. It's also funny because most like to say "play the kids" but are freaking because the Leafs let a 35 year old go to waivers. Too much.
A little over the top to be sure,but don't minimize Macs performance last year. He was the best at what he did and his reward is to hit the waiver wire? A no win situation for Dubas it seems!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Holl was better then the rest so he is up.
Simple.
Marincin is a Norris Trophy winner? Why is he starting the season with the Leafs? Because, he's a big dude? LOL! Face it, this d core is a train wreck and now they have a backup who might even lose them games.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
You guys realize that both were claimed due to goalie injuries on CAR and PHI.

So it's almost certain both Pickard and McBackup end up on waivers at some point this season.

Wonder if it's possible McBackup plays well enough in CAR for the Canes to wive Darling when he's healthy? Not sure how the $$ numbers work out there. Would TOR put in a claim on Darling?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Babcocks philosophy is if it’s close - the spot goes to the veteran. You have to think Babs would of preferred Mac, but Dubas overruled him.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Men oh Men losing backup goalies is such a big deal - is it end of the world?

You can always find a backup via waivers or a trade - relax guys

In years past I used to think this way. But having a decent backup goalie is invaluable. Sure, there are backups always available. But if *knock on wood* Andersen goes down for an extended period of time, I wouldn't be confident running with Sparks, nor would I would be with some guy off the wire. I would feel more comfortable with McElhinney holding down the fort for a bit (although not for an extended period of time). The best solution would be to have an up-and-coming stud. I just don't think Sparks is that guy.

Reactions: TheBigThree

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marincin is a Norris Trophy winner? Why is he starting the season with the Leafs? Because, he's a big dude? LOL! Face it, this d core is a train wreck and now they have a backup who might even lose them games.
Marincin will be waived. Face it, this D is solid and now they have a young backup goalie.
Your Canucks are a disaster.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Also the people complaining that we lost our goalie depth do realize we got those two goalies with a 6th round pick and a waiver claim right?

The team was losing 2 goalies regardless whether the goalies included Sparks or not. I don't get this criticism. Should they have kept 4 goalies on the NHL team? This is why Lou dealt for Pickard last year AFTER he cleared waivers. Experienced goalies in the AHL are luxury. And apparently a luxury it's hard to pull off.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
This is a god damn disaster. f***ing horrible decision making.
I'm pissed.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Well, I consider this Dubas' first mistake. I don't have a lot of confidence in Sparks and I can only assume he was gambling no one world claim McElhenny. And he looked good in pre-season and looked like he provide the same steady performance he gave us last year. This will night them in the ass in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad