Confirmed with Link: PHI Claims Calvin Pickard | CAR claims Curtis McElhinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If Darling comes back the Hurricanes will waive McBackup and we'll get him again. Same could happen with Philly, they both have tandems already.

Reactions: indigobuffalo

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What a nightmare, I thought maybe 1 of the two but both? Ouch ouch ouch.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
So who plays for the Marlies? Was hoping at least 1 of them would get through.

K2 was on loan to another AHL team last season and did well in a backup role. He'll likely the starter and we'll trade/sign an AHL backup.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Bah. Was hoping at least McBackup would pass waivers, but he put up pretty good numbers last season. It was pretty obvious someone would take him. This Sparks choice better pan out. Because if it doesn't, it's going to be one hell of a blunder.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Kinda figured.
Was hoping Mc stayed here...even if it meant losing sparks.

The one game I watched he looked strong, smart, big and composed.

Sparks looks erratic and "too athletic" at times.

Reactions: The Cobra

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So who plays for the Marlies? Was hoping at least 1 of them would get through.

Kasimir Kaskisuo is now the starter and third strong goalie.

I assume we see Justin Peters signed to an AHL deal off his AHL PTO, to be the backup.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Bah. Was hoping at least McBackup would pass waivers, but he put up pretty good numbers last season. It was pretty obvious someone would take him. This Sparks choice better pan out. Because if it doesn't, it's going to be one hell of a blunder.
Not really, backup goalies are the cheapest asset to obtain. Easy to fill this hole, if it is a hole.

Reactions: Lauro

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm happy that McBackup got picked up. He'll get a decent shot somewhere. Pickard cleared last year so I assumed he would clear again, especially since he didn't exactly shine the most.

Both goaltenders will be in tough when the Flyers and Hurricanes get healthy in net.

I am more than confident in our goaltending. If my confidence is proven wrong, back up goaltenders and third stringer are probably the least valuable pieces to go after.

It's really not a big deal and people make it seem like it's literally the end of the season.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I said it in the other thread, I'll say it here too...

That Martin trade is looking a bit better now, isn't it? ;) :laugh:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Just perfect.

We now have no backup plan for if Sparks craps the bed, and either need to part with assets to get one, or hope another goalie is waived, but aren’t better options than the 2 we just lost for nothing.

This was not well handled and Sparks is the least confidence inspiring of the 3 options we had.

Hold your breath anytime Andersen gets run, starting tomorrow with Gallagher being the first of many.

Now I’m pissed. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->