Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Brayden Schenn (4 years, $5.125M AAV)

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
HERO charts are meaningless, that being said they overpaid Scheen.

Gallagher and him are the same age, look at both of their contracts (we also bought a few of Gally's UFA years).. i don't think any knowledgeable hockey fan thinks that Schenn is better than Gally.

I'll take Schenn over Gally.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good player, good deal.

Like what Hextall is doing there. Really liked Philly's picks in the draft the last 2 years.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Good deal. Love how fans of other teams come in tell everyone why it's a bad deal. Lol

I hear you. This isn't the case of Flyer fans selling it to each other after the dust settles.

I'll post the poll that's been posted already in this thread by another member. Voted on by Flyer fans before the deal was done. A whopping 92% voted for 5.2 for 4 years and it came in at slightly less than that number.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2108175

As a Flyers fan I'm ecstatic he's back for 4 years at a fair number.

Fact is everyone understands it's a market value contract for a RFA. If he would have been on the open market he would have gotten more from an organization with the money to do so. It helps fuel the haters that the Flyers locked him up and kept him off the open market.

No one is claiming it's a steal just market value or there about considering monies already paid to other players in his situation.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He's a good player and 29 other teams would happily pay him that contract. Not sure what some fans around here are on about. I am in no way a PHI fan but even I can acknowledge a good deal when I see it. I welcome him on my team with open arms.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not a fan. I don't think him and Kadri are much different players. Obviously Brayden had a bigger year, but over their careers they have been the same. Kadri had a more shutdown role and unlucky start (sub 2% shooting % over the first few months) and I think they are similar offensively.

I think they overpaid him IMO.

One player does not set the market.

I don't understand how Flyers fans are happy/content with this deal. Very expensive for a guy who's only hit 50 points once in his career.

Well, he's 24 years old and has improved steadily in each of the last 3 seasons. They probably feel he is trending upwards, as the numbers would also indicate.

Pretty big year last year, if he can repeat those numbers (not even improve), he is more than worth this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad