Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Kalynuk signing his ATO after Saturday’s game vs OSU me thinks/hopes/prays:

0133F141-B8E4-405E-8E05-02B59ACC2C1B.jpeg

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It must be so mentally draining playing for Wisconsin. Kalynuk really does his best to rise above it. If I’m a top prospect, I wouldn’t waste my time there. Let alone spend 4 years. Bad habits, bad structure, bad losing. Scrote Gordor will shape him up.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It must be so mentally draining playing for Wisconsin. Kalynuk really does his best to rise above it. If I’m a top prospect, I wouldn’t waste my time there. Let alone spend 4 years. Bad habits, bad structure, bad losing. Scrote Gordor will shape him up.
He just needs a winning environment like the Phantoms. Agreed

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Has JSI gotten any less....clunky? I watched him live up there and his mobility, while not Matt Strome, was unremarkable
Will always be something to watch. Feet are a touch heavy and he’s not going to pull away from anyone but I think there’s enough edgework to be a good pro. He’s not stiff. There’s some athleticism in there. Hands are solid too. Really good passer and underrated playmaker.

Going to have to simplify his game when he turns pro and be more of a stationary “stay at home” defenseman at the next level (and I rarely say that). He loves to activate in the rush and in the OZ cycle. He tries so hard to generate offense on a team with the skill level you might expect from a non-Harvard Ivy League school. Made a handful of nice passes in transition that just completely died.

Will definitely play another year at Yale and maybe two. Only 20 so he still has plenty of time.

Sorry no charts.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Will always be something to watch. Feet are a touch heavy and he’s not going to pull away from anyone but I think there’s enough edgework to be a good pro. He’s not stiff. There’s some athleticism in there. Hands are solid too. Really good passer and underrated playmaker.

Going to have to simplify his game when he turns pro and be more of a stationary “stay at home” defenseman at the next level (and I rarely say that). He loves to activate in the rush and in the OZ cycle. He tries so hard to generate offense on a team with the skill level you might expect from a non-Harvard Ivy League school. Made a handful of nice passes in transition that just completely died.

Will definitely play another year at Yale and maybe two. Only 20 so he still has plenty of time.

Sorry no charts.
Pictures. This is too many words. I need pictures.

You might remember my very similar write-up, I see little has changed. I had said before if his feet don't get any quicker/"better" his ceiling will be depth D. If he can improve in that regard he has a bottom pair NHL future. Seems like you think the same.

The game I saw they got smoked by Harvard but damned if JSI wasn't the one kid looking to make stuff happen on a team where things just don't happen

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pictures. This is too many words. I need pictures.

You might remember my very similar write-up, I see little has changed. I had said before if his feet don't get any quicker/"better" his ceiling will be depth D. If he can improve in that regard he has a bottom pair NHL future. Seems like you think the same.

The game I saw they got smoked by Harvard but damned if JSI wasn't the one kid looking to make stuff happen on a team where things just don't happen
If Hagg, with his skating, can make the impact he does every night, the sky is the limit for Jack.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He looked like a monster. Not a Grant monster but he could have had 4 or 5 tucks with his scoring touch.

Wylie scored a goal but they waived it off because the goalie didn’t have his blocker. :laugh:

Last edited:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Oh man....if Ratcliffe had above average short area burst he wouldn’t have gotten caught on that breakaway just now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->