Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Still have 2 contract slots open according to capfriendly (which is up to date with the Hogberg signing)

There is still hope
I was talking about an undrafted college free agent, not Kalynuk, but it could be related I guess.

Just seems weird to draft a guy with a 4 year window and not sign him until 36 hours are left in the window.

Assuming Friedman is in the NHL:
Zamula-Wylie
Hogberg-Bigras
Wotherspoon-Prosser

One of the veterans who were definitely worth signing to two-year NHL contracts would likely be a healthy scratch if Kalynuk signs.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I was talking about an undrafted college free agent, not Kalynuk, but it could be related I guess.

Just seems weird to draft a guy with a 4 year window and not sign him until 36 hours left in the window.

Assuming Friedman is in the NHL:
Zamula-Wylie
Hogberg-Bigras
Wotherspoon-Prosser

One of the veterans who were definitely worth signing to two-year NHL contracts would likely be a healthy scratch if Kalynuk signs.
All memeing aside I was just thinking about this. When an NCAA player signs an ELC that renders him ineligible for further NCAA competition right? Must go directly to pros?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
10 4

So there's your answer to "why didn't they sign _____ sooner?! They had all this time!"

By extension, that also means you can't (realistically) sign a NCAA player before they turn 20 since they would be ineligible for the AHL

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
View attachment 348263

5 Flyers Prospects Who Could Receive an ELC - PHILLY SPORTS NETWORK

Got a nice laugh out of this. Thought you guys might get a kick out of this too
gobY7Mcaq2mM1hOXxxJt2Ndm7T1dGxluK3akaw14VlQ.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I thought this was interesting:

"Philly has had lots of people here and been very instrumental in his growth as a player," Wisconsin head coach Tony Granato said. "I think when they drafted him, they recognized out of the gate that this guy could be a big part of their organization moving forward. They’ve been hands on, they’ve been here a lot, they’ve done it respectfully in a way that they’ve helped him a ton in preparing to get ready for the next step.”

Flyers sign Swedish prospect, a few more deals could be coming

Looks like they're hands on with their prospects, doesn't it.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
None in particular. I know there was a rumor they were looking at one of the goalies.

Oh yeah that’s right! I’d hope it’s one with multiple years in a row of high sv% on maybe a shitty team. Quite a few NCAA goalies play on teams with goalie friendly systems.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
What can you tell us about Adam Wilsby @Appleyard ?

His NHLe statistical profile has gotten better by leaps and bounds the past few seasons:
7E2E7297-901B-4624-932F-9B2F8B12ADE4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->