Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The difference if someone makes a statement on here there is no accountability like absolutely none . If a GM makes a mistake or a scout or a coach they will be picked apart repeatably and are held responsible .
If you take any social media outlet serious you are fooling yourself . Thinking our board is smarter than other boards or most who work in the field is just patting ourselves on the back and saying good boy good boy .
I come on here to associate with some people with common interests but i don't take myself or anyone else on here to serious . It's just for fun for me and should be for you as well .
Flyers doing well i'm having fun . Go flyers Go !!!!!!
Accountability really has nothing to do with quality of judgement or reliability though, which is what I was talking about.

And again, I never said this board is smarter than anyone or anywhere else, so I have no idea where you got that from. First, it would be pointless. Second, there's too many different people of varying evaluation/judgement levels to lump into one group and compare to anyone/anywhere else. There's some people on here who I'd trust to run a hockey team over some current GMs and there's also some people on here I wouldn't trust to run a lemonade stand (I'd be closest to the latter group).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Accountability really has nothing to do with quality of judgement or reliability though, which is what I was talking about.

And again, I never said this board is smarter than anyone or anywhere else, so I have no idea where you got that from. First, it would be pointless. Second, there's too many different people of varying evaluation/judgement levels to lump into one group and compare to anyone/anywhere else. There's some people on here who I'd trust to run a hockey team over some current GMs and there's also some people on here I wouldn't trust to run a lemonade stand (I'd be closest to the latter group).
You would drink all the lemonade.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
\
Stewart is the perfect example. 99% of the people on here knew what the result was going to be. And in that 1% there are people that STILL defend the move because they refuse to go against Mgt....oh...and don't want to say they were wrong...or agree with the masses. Because they don't do that.

A more accurate portrayal is that a vast majority thought signing Stewart was a horrid mistake and a few of us thought it was a "nothing burger."

That's different from the vocal critics who claimed the Braun trade was a disaster and those of us who thought it was a slight overpay (given that inferior defensemen were being traded at the TDL for 2nd rd picks for 20 games of play).

And of course those who thought signing Hayes was a disaster, that Gudas and a $1M was far too much to pay for Niskanen, that trading for Pitlick was proof Fletcher couldn't get value for Simmonds (who went for a 5th rd pick this year), . . .

Reactions: RebusFlyer

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean even in baseball where the league has essentially shifted away from the free wheeling old guard types to more calculated analytical types there’s still bad GMs. That’s pretty much the entire league too to like the NHL’s three teams (Arizona, Carolina, & Toronto). Of course there are some old school hold overs from a previous generation(s) that had no choice but to adapt or be left behind.

It’s just that the standard for what constitutes as bad these days is way different than 10-15+ years ago.

Like look at the Phillies for example. Matt Klentak might not be a good GM but he’s not going to absolutely sink the Phillies for 5+ years with god awful contracts when/if he gets fired like his predecessor Ruben Amaro did for him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, it'll be hard to judge Klentak for a few years because while the flashy deals get press, they're as much for the owner as anything else, the key moves (like Hextall) has been to completely revamp minor league coaching and instruction (as the Flyers should do next season) - the sweet point in both baseball and hockey is developing diamonds in the rough because you don't get a lot of high picks (unless you trade a lot of assets for them).

If a kid like Simmons emerges (6th rd 2018) or Ortiz (big money LA signing) can be taught how to make contact and use that power, they can be like obtaining extra picks in the top of the 1st rd.
In the same way the Flyers hit the jackpot with Lindblom (5th rd) and Myers, only to have the hockey gods shaft them.
But if Hart becomes a top five goalie (#52), I'll find it in my heart to forgive the hockey gods.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flying under the radar in LHV:

Twarynski, CFrel +5.20, SCFrel +4.85, HDCFrel +4.11
Kase CFrel +4.29, SCFrel +5.48, HDCFrel +7.26
Frost CFrel +3.37, SCFrel +3.83, HDCFrel +3.38
Friedman CFrel +3.48, SCFrel +5.79, HDCFrel +5.59
Wotherspoon CFrel +1.72, SCFrel +4.08, HDCFrel +3.09

And players who didn't sulk when sent down
Farabee CFrel +17.55, SCFrel +16.36, HDCFrel +19.03
NAK CFrel +3.02, SCFrel +2.41, HDCFrel +7.30
Myers CFrel +10.69, SCFrel +7.34, HDCFrel +8.75

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Flying under the radar in LHV:

Twarynski, CFrel +5.20, SCFrel +4.85, HDCFrel +4.11

Twarynski’s been pretty ineffective most nights. I can count maybe 5 good games he’s played all season. Outside of that, he just seems to be going for a nice skate. Which is odd because he’s at his best when he’s consistently going north-south and wreaking havoc on the forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad