Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It is why lists are just lists . People on here are just raving about NAK now but was on nobody's top 15 lists in the last couple years . Lists are fun and are meant to be debated but don't get to caught in them .

Had him at #13 in both my January 2019 and summer 2019 prospect rankings for the Athletic. Listed him as a guy with 35-45 point upside.

I think most people had/should have had him in the top 15. I could see pretty much no reason for him to be below #15 even if going just off upside really.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Had him at #13 in both my January 2019 and summer 2019 prospect rankings for the Athletic. Listed him as a guy with 35-45 point upside.

I think most people had/should have had him in the top 15. I could see pretty much no reason for him to be below #15 even if going just off upside really.
And lots of us trust what you see due to actually being able to watch all the prospects all over the world. Oh, and you are a good judge of talent.

Reactions: Appleyard

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
He missed three weeks after getting a shoulder injury.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

But Vorobyev had a great season in the AHL. People writing him off are doing the same thing with him that they did with Laughton when he struggled in the NHL before his ELC was done.
Not writing him off. Just think German has more to give. Better speed and defense. Hands are about the same. Just needs health.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That Disney movie featured Nick Suzuki.

Johnny Tsunami was a great movie.

It is why lists are just lists . People on here are just raving about NAK now but was on nobody's top 15 lists in the last couple years . Lists are fun and are meant to be debated but don't get to caught in them .

That's absolutely not true. I can almost guarantee he was in the top 15 of most of the guys who post here. I know he was in mine. We really don't have to play the hindsight game with him or feign surprise.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Well i will give you credit where credit is due for sure and i due respect your choices but when you make lists you get ripped just like everybody else does . I remember someone telling you were just wrong on some of your placements in your last rankings .

It also comes down to the style of play you like and not everybody likes the same style . Hatcher use to be on here and he liked the big physical guys and their style and some like the smaller scampery style , in the end you need a good mix .

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Well i will give you credit where credit is due for sure and i due respect your choices but when you make lists you get ripped just like everybody else does . I remember someone telling you were just wrong on some of your placements in your last rankings .

It also comes down to the style of play you like and not everybody likes the same style . Hatcher use to be on here and he liked the big physical guys and their style and some like the smaller scampery style , in the end you need a good mix .

Some would say Hatcher is still on here!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Some of it is roles, Rubtsov is a better fit for the Flyers bottom six than Vorobyev if he gets his game together, because he's a better skater and defensive player. Vorobyev really needs to be used as a playmaking center, his best skill is his passing. Problem is Frost is simply a better bet as an offensive 3C.

Allison has an edge over Laczynski at RW because the Flyers lack a true PF, and he'll get extra patience to see if he can fill that role.

So sometimes it's not just talent, but how you fit on the NHL roster.

Reactions: captainpaxil

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Tanner Laczynski’s game is based around strength & power...

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

I'm not sure what to take of this . I was told if he has stated he is not returning to college he could become a free agent this summer . It all just seems weird the timing of this but everything is all screwed around right now so why not this as well . Hopefully he signs with Philly .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tanner Laczynski’s game is based around strength & power...

But he's not a PF or projected as one, I think he'll be more like Lindblom, who has played that role but it really isn't an ideal fit.
Whereas Allison has been projected to PF, and the hope is that Ratcliffe will grow into the role as he fills out.

Having Lindblom (cross fingers), Laczynski and Cates would give the Flyers three solid two way forwards who will be easy to pair up and down the lineup.

Being a physical team in today's NHL is less about a couple big guys than a critical mass of players who have decent size, strength and the willingness to go to the dirty areas and challenge for the puck. Of course, it doesn't hurt to be able to launch Battleship Myers as well. When these physical players also have solid offensive skill sets you can put together a balanced forward group.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Flyers have a contract available for this season. He could be one of the 28 if they choose.
No he cannot , none of the guys that signed can , their contracts are for next year . Was talking to an agent about this exact thing , he said the NHLPA is about protecting players that already in the system and really have no interest in allowing extra comp in right now . He said it could change but the NHL GM's he talked to said they had too many other things on their plate to even start thinking about this . The agent had two guys that had signed so that's why i asked him about this .

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Insignificant, but Zamula's KHL right were traded from Magnitogorsk to Khabarovsk. I think just that should keep him in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->