Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
282FC170-7D88-43AD-92C1-5D7E69D53A2D.jpeg

Wyatt the 1st!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Reactions: Deadpool8812

TB87

May 30, 2018
What do you not like about the second comment?

The first part about their having to be a fight after someone gets laid out with a clean check. It was clean....if it were dirty, I’d far more understand the impulse to want to punish the perpetrator.

The second part I have no qualms with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't see that many fights following clean checks. Maybe by a 4th line guy trying to impress his HC and is looking for an excuse to start something.

It's usually when the other team has been laying dirty hits, then someone throws an elbow at the head of one of your top players, or checks someone hard into the boards that looks like an intent to injure, that guarantees that all hell will break loose (elbow G's head and you've put a bullseye on your back the rest of the season).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
League involvement%? What sorcery is this?

Seriously though, how’s that calculated?
Lol I’m not good with coming up with stat names. It’s pretty much just league adjusted PPG.

Player Points Per Game [Divided By] League Average (Team) Goals Per Game.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Lol I’m not good with coming up with stat names. It’s pretty much just league adjusted PPG.

Player Points Per Game [Divided By] League Average (Team) Goals Per Game.

Ahhhhh. Gotcha

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The first part about their having to be a fight after someone gets laid out with a clean check. It was clean....if it were dirty, I’d far more understand the impulse to want to punish the perpetrator.

The second part I have no qualms with.

We are on the same page then. I think the tweet is supposed to be read as "my pet peeve is that there has to be a fight after any big hit."

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Here's the issue for a college player, what if there is no AHL season (AHL depends on attendance)?
He's not going to make the Flyers out of camp (long shot unless they dump Hagg and trade Ghost).

Reactions: Tripod

TB87

May 30, 2018
Here's the issue for a college player, what if there is no AHL season (AHL depends on attendance)?
He's not going to make the Flyers out of camp (long shot unless they dump Hagg and trade Ghost).

Just taking a cursory glance at Wisconsin’s roster, they don’t have much talent outside of Holloway and Caufield. I could totally see a desperate NHL time try to make Holloway an NHLer right after getting drafted (which would be a massive mistake). If that were to happen, Kalynuk would have Caufield to pass to and a ton of JAG’s.

Playing in the AHL would provide far more talent for him to work with. Sticking around to play against inferior competition with inferior teammates would be an odd choice. A potential playing time battle with Zamula & Wylie would bring out the best for all involved. Iron sharpens iron & what not.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just taking a cursory glance at Wisconsin’s roster, they don’t have much talent outside of Holloway and Caufield. I could totally see a desperate NHL time try to make Holloway an NHLer right after getting drafted (which would be a massive mistake). If that were to happen, Kalynuk would have Caufield to pass to and a ton of JAG’s.

Playing in the AHL would provide far more talent for him to work with. Sticking around to play against inferior competition with inferior teammates would be an odd choice. A potential playing time battle with Zamula & Wylie would bring out the best for all involved. Iron sharpens iron & what not.

You skipped the pertinent point, what if there's no AHL this fall?
In that case, even if there's no college season, get your degree (assuming there is college) and wait for the smoke to clear.

In fact, that raises an interesting question, what will the league do with prospects who sign pro contracts but don't make NHL teams?
Expand rosters? Create a Taxi Squad?

Reactions: renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->