Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They’d be selling burgers with the f***ing buns in the wrong place. Just to be unpredictable.

Burger patties on top and bottom with the buns in the middle.
Well that would be more Keto friendly and that's all the rage now. So Therrien is hip with the times.

Reactions: Striiker

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
With Laczynski, Kalynuk, and Allison they have not really hid their desire to sign those three but the ball is in the players’ court. Wisconsin could be eliminated this weekend. They only have two contracts slots to offer ELCs that kick in for this season.
If that’s what it’s going to take to sign all 3 of those guys, they could always dump a lower tier contract on someone for future considerations.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's no need to sign Kalynuk before June, he's not going to play ahead of Ghost in the playoffs. And they have one more year with him.

Whereas Laczynski and Allison might be useful insurance.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If that’s what it’s going to take to sign all 3 of those guys, they could always dump a lower tier contract on someone for future considerations.
Maybe, but I doubt all 3 get NHL contracts that kick in this year. That's pretty much unheard of. I'm expecting one.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Probably not, usually those contracts have an offset clause, where his new salary is subtracted from the amount owed him by the team.

It's a league rule. There's no getting around it.

I thought it was a negotiated contract detail too, but discovered this wasn't the case via LeBrun in the Quenneville debacle.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
When is OSU's season over?
They're likely in the frozen four tourney, pending a surprising result in the Big10 tournament

They play 7 seed Wisconsin this weekend. Most projections say 2 Big10 teams get in

edit: to put some dates on it. There's a good chance if they lose this weekend their season is over. Regionals for frozen four are March 28-29. Frozen Four is April 9-11

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyTimmo

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
They're likely in the frozen four tourney, pending a surprising result in the Big10 tournament

They play 7 seed Wisconsin this weekend. Most projections say 2 Big10 teams get in

edit: to put some dates on it. There's a good chance if they lose this weekend their season is over. Regionals for frozen four are March 28-29. Frozen Four is April 9-11

Go Wisconsin

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Often when people are already financially set, they care more about reputation and legacy than more money. Especially old guys who are already multi-millionaires.

I think most of these guys would look at coaching a minor league team as an insult and embarrassment.
The guy I thought of this originally was Ken Hitchcock. Maybe reunite him with big hatch. Hockey guys this is thier life and he just loves teaching the game. I'd want it to be a guy who has secured his legacy and doesn't want to go into broadcasting. Where it's less about having something to prove and more leaving thier mark. Someone with enough experience at the pro level he can churn out pro's even if they won't be flyers. One who can adapt to whatever system is played at the NHL level and whose style won't necessitate moving on.

Reactions: orangey

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The Flyers staff has been watching these three for a while now so they will have a good handle what they want . I trust them to do the right thing but it takes two to tango .

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately for us, they're proven to be no more reliable than random people on the internet. Often even less so.

And who said to trust HFboard posters either? Most people on the internet are idiots too, but thinking that NHL staff are better just because they're employed in the NHL is nonsense.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Unfortunately for us, they're proven to be no more reliable than random people on the internet. Often even less so.

And who said to trust HFboard posters either? Most people on the internet are idiots too, but thinking that NHL staff are better just because they're employed in the NHL is nonsense.
The draft is a great example. But at least with that, they can blame having to "predict" the future on an under developed teenager.

Stewart is the perfect example. 99% of the people on here knew what the result was going to be. And in that 1% there are people that STILL defend the move because they refuse to go against Mgt....oh...and don't want to say they were wrong...or agree with the masses. Because they don't do that.

It's like saying people can't cook or their opinions on cooking are wrong all the time because they are not professional cooks.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The draft is a great example. But at least with that, they can blame having to "predict" the future on an under developed teenager.

Stewart is the perfect example. 99% of the people on here knew what the result was going to be. And in that 1% there are people that STILL defend the move because they refuse to go against Mgt....oh...and don't want to say they were wrong...or agree with the masses. Because they don't do that.

It's like saying people can't cook or their opinions on cooking are wrong all the time because they are not professional cooks.
Exactly.

I don't know how these appeals to authority can continue all over this board and the internet after all that we've seen GM's and coaches screw up. I'm not even saying that they get everything wrong or that fans are always right or anything remotely like that... only that you shouldn't trust NHL staff to do the right things and you can't assume they know what they're doing simply because they're employed.

Like you said, Stewart is the perfect example. That was indisputably a mistake... 99% of us knew it and it went exactly as we said it would.

Reactions: Tripod

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Exactly.

I don't know how these appeals to authority can continue all over this board and the internet after all that we've seen GM's and coaches screw up. I'm not even saying that they get everything wrong or that fans are always right or anything remotely like that... only that you shouldn't trust NHL staff to do the right things and you can't assume they know what they're doing simply because they're employed.

Like you said, Stewart is the perfect example. That was indisputably a mistake... 99% of us knew it and it went exactly as we said it would.
The difference if someone makes a statement on here there is no accountability like absolutely none . If a GM makes a mistake or a scout or a coach they will be picked apart repeatably and are held responsible .
If you take any social media outlet serious you are fooling yourself . Thinking our board is smarter than other boards or most who work in the field is just patting ourselves on the back and saying good boy good boy .
I come on here to associate with some people with common interests but i don't take myself or anyone else on here to serious . It's just for fun for me and should be for you as well .
Flyers doing well i'm having fun . Go flyers Go !!!!!!

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Fletcher and AV has this team contending without giving up a lot of our future assets. Sure getting Stewart and some of those AHL contracts were dumb but I still like how this team is setup going forward with those two in the organization.

Reactions: Rebels57

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The difference if someone makes a statement on here there is no accountability like absolutely none . If a GM makes a mistake or a scout or a coach they will be picked apart repeatably and are held responsible .
If you take any social media outlet serious you are fooling yourself . Thinking our board is smarter than other boards or most who work in the field is just patting ourselves on the back and saying good boy good boy .
I come on here to associate with some people with common interests but i don't take myself or anyone else on here to serious . It's just for fun for me and should be for you as well .
Flyers doing well i'm having fun . Go flyers Go !!!!!!

I would hope the people being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars are being held accountable to a different standard.

What's the point you are trying to make if the first part of your quote?

And you cant take any social media sites serious? What about the guys that turned their internet sites into NHL jobs?

The NHL taps in incredible small talent pool when it comes to executive roles. There extremely small hiring band basically insures they will only find people of mediocre management talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->