Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I noticed that Rubtsov (2016, #22) has played 4 NHL games and 39 AHL games this season, while Farabee (2018, #14) has played 49 NHL games and 4 AHL games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's strange to me that I have seen almost no mention of the possibility of putting Frost at the wing for a short period of time.

Why? I mean Farabee is a LH shot who is stronger than Frost and far more experienced at LW.
So why would you want to play Frost over Farabee?
And since you're not sitting Giroux or JVR, you'd have to sit Raffl for Farabee on the 4th line to play the two rookies together, or sit Pitlick or NAK.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
If anyone wants a heart attack alongside a taste sensation I would refer you all to Napolese deep fried pizza. Had a housemate from Naples once and he made it a lot.

Though I have been told that it is an aberration by my close Northern Italian friend... :laugh:

Oooh. That sounds interesting

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms have 16 Forwards after getting Bunnaman and Farabee, trading Criscuolo and sending Laberge to the ECHL. But only 7 dmen with De Haas the obvious scratch.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms at eliteprospects.com

In their last game Fitzgerald, Stewart, Willman and Wotherspoon didn't play.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Goner got an assist.

download.php

Last edited:

TB87

May 30, 2018
4th round picks don’t matter.

I am all for this team doing what the Canes did last draft: trade down and acquire more picks. They ended up with 12 total. Gimme all the picks

TB87

May 30, 2018
This board's obsession with Carolina. Smh.

They came away with:
Ryan Suzuki
Pyotr Kotchetkov
Jamison Rees
Patrik Puistola
Anttoni Honka
Domenick Fensore
Tuukka Tieksola
Blake Murray

I like/liked their 2019 draft very, very much. If that is indicative of obsession, than I am guilty as charged good sir!

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
At one point, the Roman empire was close to 10% Jewish, that's what happens when you force-ably bring in immigrants (i.e. enslaving most of the population of ancient Israel after 70 A.D. and 135 A.D.) The same way conquering the Southwest made northern Mexican food an American staple.

And of course, the Columbian exchange (we got tomatoes, chocolate, hot peppers and syphilis, they got smallpox).
You left out the greatest asset in the exchange. Taters.

I'll say again hoping that farabee and frost get to play on the same line so they can come up as a unit.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh god damn it. Don't do this to me. I suffered through Wisconsin games for 3 years.

CBA said:
If a Player drafted at age 20 or older is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection or becomes a bona fide college student while his drafting Club retains exclusive rights, then his drafting Club shall retain those rights until the later of: (a) the second June 1 following the date of his selection, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the Player is no longer a bona fide college student; provided that if the Player: (1) is in his fourth year of college and has commenced his fourth year of NCAA eligibility and the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year, or (2) is in his fourth year of college, is scheduled to graduate from college at the end of his fourth year and the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year, or (3) remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, then in the 20 ARTICLE 8 8.6-8.6 circumstances described in (1) or (2) or (3), the Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for such Player's services through and including August 15 of that calendar year.

For purposes of the above provisions, the term "graduation of his college class" shall mean the class with which the Player is scheduled to graduate during his final semester of attendance (as opposed to his matriculating class (the class with which he is expected to graduate as of the date of his original enrollment)). For purposes of clarity, a Player's graduating class may change during his tenure in college.

Furthermore, a Player shall be deemed to be scheduled to graduate from college if, at the conclusion of his fourth year of college he would have been within five percent (5%) of the minimum number of credits required to graduate, provided, such determination shall be made assuming that in such fourth year of college Player earned at least the number of credits equal to the average number of credits for which he had been enrolled during his first three years of college. It shall be the Player's responsibility to promptly provide evidence (i.e., official school transcripts and requirements) that he was or was not scheduled to graduate. Absent evidence to the contrary, NHL Central Registry shall treat a Player as if he was scheduled to graduate or remained a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class. Furthermore, a Player who is removed from his Club's Reserve List as a result of the operation of the above provisions shall be a draft-related Unrestricted Free Agent effective upon such removal.

Any Club that retains the exclusive rights to a Player who is a bona fide college student may request, at any time, that such Player promptly provide a current official school transcript and the school's graduation requirements.

As a general matter, the above provisions were not intended to cut off, and shall not have the effect of cutting off, a Club's exclusive negotiating rights during the period that a Player remains in college.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
So does that mean Kalynuk can be a goner too? That would be the all time kick to the pills to lose all three in one summer.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
CBA language is brutal to read.

Per Jojo's post:
"If a Player drafted at age 20 or older is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection or becomes a bona fide college student while his drafting Club retains exclusive rights, then his drafting Club shall retain those rights until the later of: (a) the second June 1 following the date of his selection, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the Player is no longer a bona fide college student; provided that if the Player: (1) is in his fourth year of college and has commenced his fourth year of NCAA eligibility and the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year or (2) is in his fourth year of college, is scheduled to graduate from college at the end of his fourth year and the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year, or (3) remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, then in the 20 ARTICLE 8 8.6-8.6 circumstances described in (1) or (2) or (3), the Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for such Player's services through and including August 15 of that calendar year."

Kalynuk is a 3rd year true junior, so I would still stick with CapFriendly's interpretation unless I am reading it wrong.

This will also apply to Ronnie Attard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad