Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think they were just infatuated with Goulbourne & had to have him in the organization.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
If his back injury isn’t a truly devastating injury that’ll effect him moving forward, I don’t see why it would make his stock drop. He’s a good prospect, full-stop.

Ah, okay. Is there any worry it could be a nagging issue or is there not enough information?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Calgary article mentioned it being “degenerative”. :dunno:

Does Zamula's stock drop with his injury?
Maybe if you thought he was the best prospect in the system.

I wouldn’t really change my outlook on him other than he probably won’t start in the NHL next year (as I thought he was a dark horse long before WJCs) and a prospect missing half of a season during a critical development year is never good.

Reactions: wankstifier

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hitmen defenceman Zamula out long-term with injury

Calgary Hitmen blue-liner and Philadelphia Flyers prospect Egor Zamula promised himself to push his body to the limits this season.

So much so, that a nagging back injury suffered early on in the season eventually forced the 19-year-old from Chelyabinsk, Russia to shut down for the remainder of the season due to surgery that will take four months to recover from as a result of three broken spinal discs.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I wouldn’t really change my outlook on him other than he probably won’t start in the NHL next year (as I thought he was a dark horse long before WJCs) and a prospect missing half of a season during a critical development year is never good.

Technically everyone has degenerative discs to an extent - or that's what my sports doctor said when I had excruciating back spasms and got an x-ray to check out my discs. Nothing slipped or anything bad, purely muscle pull for me. But slightly degenerative disc. He said almsot everyone does to an extent but most live without pain. Said some people can have a slipped disc and not ever know it and be pain free. Everyone is different.

Here's to hoping it's something minor for Zamula. Given his WJC performance, my bet is it is.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

Asked a couple medical professionals (friends who are doctors) about my concerns with Zamula and the use of the word degenerative when referring to his back injury. Couldn’t say with 100% certainty without personally treating him, but they all mentioned that word is scary but it doesn’t necessarily mean worst case scenario. Especially for a 19 year old. They made sure to mention (like FlyGuyOx just posted) that everyone has degenerative discs to an extent.

I’m not nearly as worried as I was when I first heard about it. I’m practicing cautious optimism

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It’s such a weird thing to offhand report a degenerative issue. It’s a junior team. Why would that be shared publicly, like it was a broken bone? It’s hard enough to gather info from junior teams. Let alone some report slips in a serious issue without any further comment.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm sure one of our esteemed and highly qualified beat writers will get clarity on Zamula's injury soon.

tenor.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
19 yo with disk issues might be a bit of an oddity but it's better than a 29 year old with disk issues, if you catch my drift.

He got surgical intervention done early which is what most people try to avoid (and the reason is clear. Out until next season), but the fact that he already got the procedure done could nip it in the bud. Or just slap a bandaid on it until whenever things flare up again, you just don't know.

Only way to find out. Zimzam going full Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad