Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
hqdefault.jpg
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This may be a little too esoteric for this board at the moment, but I have been thinking of the Pixies song "Bagboy"

"I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings
I get no satisfaction from your very recent sightings
Cover your breath
Cover your teeth
Cover your breath
Polish your speech
Like when I hear the sound of feet slapping on the runway
Like a small bird pretty while it's crapping on the new day
Cover your breath
Polish your speech
Cover your breath
Polish your teeth
So disappointed I was that I had made small talk with you
I'm not feeling your buzz I only smell your crock of stew
Polish your teeth
Alter your breath
Alter your teeth
Cover your breath
Bag boy bag boy bag boy bag boy
She had some beauty and manners but you look like a bug
Migrations of their type are such good planners and not smug
Cover your breath
Alter your speech
Cover your breath
Alter your speech
You are proselytizing alone
Listening to the voice with your ears
You have regurgitated the tone
Now sat in your tract for many years
Picked up from dead things that you licked
It's a feedback loop you can't evict"

Reactions: pit

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Doesn’t matter. You said missing a game means the player couldn’t play.

Sorry. Demz da rools
No, I said that maybe he didn't play because he was rehabbing an injury. I said that in response to you assuming that he was held out for other reasons. Then you made a non-sequitur about Ghost which had nothing to do with what I said.

Sorry. Demz da facts.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, I said that maybe he didn't play because he was rehabbing an injury. I said that in response to you assuming that he was held out for other reasons. Then you made a non-sequitur about Ghost which had nothing to do with what I said.

Sorry. Demz da facts.

Except here’s what actually happened.

Sorry. Demz iz ackshually da factss.

Not playing in this game doesn't mean he couldn't play.

Or maybe it does. Crazy thought, I know.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Except here’s what actually happened.

Sorry. Demz iz ackshually da factss.
So you guessing that he didn't play in this game for some other reason than he couldn't is definitive proof of your assumption? And you're out here calling others out for logical fallacies? Yikes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So you guessing that he didn't play in this game for some other reason than he couldn't is definitive proof of your assumption? And you're out here calling others out for logical fallacies? Yikes.
I’m (repeatedly now) stating the fact that him sitting out doesn’t necessarily mean he couldn’t play. We’ve seen proof of this. It’s indisputable.

Dems da fa-... oh you get the point.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
I’m (repeatedly now) stating the fact that him sitting out doesn’t necessarily mean he couldn’t play. We’ve seen proof of this. It’s indisputable.

Dems da fa-... oh you get the point.
To the bolded, no we haven't. This is an ad populum appeal, which is a logical fallacy (something you seem to be a huge fan of). All we know is what we've been told, which is that he was rehabbing a groin injury and was reassigned to the AHL. Anything beyond this is conjecture. Neither you nor I know for certain what's going on, but since you seem to love "indisputable facts" so much I'll let you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he didn't play for any other reason than that he was unable to.

PS: making asinine snide comments doesn't make you right, try adding some substance to your argument.

Reactions: deadhead

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
To the bolded, no we haven't. This is an ad populum appeal, which is a logical fallacy (something you seem to be a huge fan of). All we know is what we've been told, which is that he was rehabbing a groin injury and was reassigned to the AHL. Anything beyond this is conjecture. Neither you nor I know for certain what's going on, but since you seem to love "indisputable facts" so much I'll let you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he didn't play for any other reason than that he was unable to.

PS: making asinine snide comments doesn't make you right, try adding some substance to your argument.
Uh no.

The bold part of my post, "We’ve seen proof of this. It’s indisputable.", is referring to the sentence before it, "him sitting out doesn’t necessarily mean he couldn’t play". That is a fact. A player sitting out in preseason doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't have played. It is possible to sit out while healthy You literally can't argue that red part right there. That's why I brought up Ghost, because he's indisputable proof of it. He sat out... he was NOT hurt... so point proven. It is POSSIBLE that Frost sat out while healthy. End of story. End of debate.

You need to take some time to read this. Then read it again. Because I have no idea what you think it being discussed here, but clearly you're not understanding what I'm saying. You need to spend less time looking up fallacies (which obviously couldn't even apply here anyway, since I never said anything about other people :laugh:) and spend more time actually reading what's being written.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Meh, they might just keep him out since it’s the AHL preseason and he’s the biggest lock possible to have a spot. It’d be like keeping Couturier out of a meaningless preseason game if he was coming back from a tweaked groin.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
This may be a little too esoteric for this board at the moment, but I have been thinking of the Pixies song "Bagboy"

"I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings
I get no satisfaction from your very recent sightings
Cover your breath
Cover your teeth
Cover your breath
Polish your speech
Like when I hear the sound of feet slapping on the runway
Like a small bird pretty while it's crapping on the new day
Cover your breath
Polish your speech
Cover your breath
Polish your teeth
So disappointed I was that I had made small talk with you
I'm not feeling your buzz I only smell your crock of stew
Polish your teeth
Alter your breath
Alter your teeth
Cover your breath
She had some beauty and manners but you look like a bug
Migrations of their type are such good planners and not smug
Cover your breath
Alter your speech
Cover your breath
Alter your speech
You are proselytizing alone
Listening to the voice with your ears
You have regurgitated the tone
Now sat in your tract for many years
Picked up from dead things that you licked
It's a feedback loop you can't evict"

The Pixies are esoteric now?

What a world.

source.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Christ....let's just say, if Frost plays tonight, he is 100% healthy now. If he misses tonight's game, then logic would say he isn't because there is no reason to miss both games.

Injury discussions on this forum often seems to be dominated by people who must have never played sports in their life, and think there is always a clear line between between too injured to play, and being 100%. Anyone who has played at least high school level would realize that there are times when you can play thru a niggle, and other times when you need to take an extra day or two off to be safe.

If Frost doesn't play tonight in a preseason game, that would give him five more days till the Phantoms season opener on 10/5, which would be two weeks from his last preseason game for the Flyers.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad