Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, we already have 10 draft picks this summer and counting.
And we just added Zamula as a UDFA, to go with last summer's draft and the kids in Europe.
So it will probably take 2-3 years to exhaust our prospect pool, assuming Fletcher can't draft to save his life or gives away half his future drafts in trades..

My suspicion is that Fletcher was chastened by his Minnesota experience and doesn't believe in trying to "win now," rather he seems to be working to improve the team around the edges.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Well, we already have 10 draft picks this summer and counting.
And we just added Zamula as a UDFA, to go with last summer's draft and the kids in Europe.
So it will probably take 2-3 years to exhaust our prospect pool, assuming Fletcher can't draft to save his life or gives away half his future drafts in trades..

My suspicion is that Fletcher was chastened by his Minnesota experience and doesn't believe in trying to "win now," rather he seems to be working to improve the team around the edges.

Yes I am more referring to what I think is the eventual rise to strong cup contender for many years that will likely see our pool be diminished. I am hopeful that we are going to add more strong talent and that more guys will step up but graduating Frost is to going to have a big decrease in prospect scoring in this thread. I’m all for one last bolus of talent this summer with at least 2 1sts.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

How about this tidbit: Lyon has allowed 2 or fewer goals in his last 7 starts, stopping 228 of 240 shots, .950 S%.
That may explain the Stolarz deal, now that Lyon's healthy, he's playing like he did in the Calder Cup playoffs last year. Dont' care what level you're at, that's great goaltending behind a shoddy defense.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

This is the type off crap that I don't want to see Morin getting involve in. Didier is a nothing. He never was any good, isn't any good and won't be any good. A wasted 4th round pick by the Canadians who has and will spend all of his time bouncing between the ECHL and the AHL. To have to fight with a clown like that and risk an injury isn't worth it.

Reactions: Curufinwe

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
How about this tidbit: Lyon has allowed 2 or fewer goals in his last 7 starts, stopping 228 of 240 shots, .950 S%.
That may explain the Stolarz deal, now that Lyon's healthy, he's playing like he did in the Calder Cup playoffs last year. Dont' care what level you're at, that's great goaltending behind a shoddy defense.
I haven't seen enough from Lyon that makes me think he'll be a success at the NHL level, but I will continue to hold out hope for the Lyon-Hart combo for name alone.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is he turns 22 in April, heck that's old for college, and only in his 2nd college season.
He really needs to go pro and to the AHL next season, 22 in his first AHL season isn't too bad, but if he needs two years of seasoning (especially blocked by Ghost), then he doesn't want to wait any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->