Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah, that must have been it. After all, it wouldn't have been hard to look better at center than trash like Vorobyev who has already been sent to the doghouse by two coaches, and sent down to the minors by two GMs now. :sarcasm:
My thing with Pimp, is that I don't see them running with Patrick, Frost, Pimp as the #2-#4 centers next year. So while he could make the Flyers, I also could see them keeping him in the AHL for another year while Frost has his rookie year.

Reactions: BernieParent

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Cates is on CBS Sportsnet tonight at 8:30 vs UND.

Kalynuk is on BTN tonight at 6:30 vs Penn St. From what I've seen, he's looked really good lately. UW's forward group is pretty much trash and seems to cost him individual points though. UW won't be making the big tournament, so hopefully they get him signed and to Allentown ASAP. He's under the radar and much more skilled than people realize.

Yeah, that must have been it. After all, it wouldn't have been hard to look better at center than trash like Vorobyev who has already been sent to the doghouse by two coaches, and sent down to the minors by two GMs now. :sarcasm:

tenor.gif

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
It really sucks that we are playing Phil Varone because this is probably Misha's window.

Don't see how he gets NHL time next season if Frost, Rubtsov, Bunnaman are all healthy.

you have to produce when you get your shot especially as the prospect logjam will only continue for the foreseeable future....he wasn't impressive either call up. I basically remember one really nice pass he had to the point which led to a goal...other than that he was fairly invisible.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Varone outplayed him in the AHL and the NHL.
It's not like Gordon has never seen them play.

Vorobyev was sent down b/c it is obvious he's too slow, both as a skater and the speed at which he plays the game.
He needs more time to work on his game.

Sending Varone down means bringing up someone who isn't ready to play 4C.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Got a bad attitude there, boy.
Might I remind you that Hawkeye is out there lurking with a certain pissed off father?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
1 month ago. Party Pooper Kjell.

That was the complaint when he was drafted, he was the fastest player at the Combine but didn't show that speed on the ice on a consistent basis.

Seems he got the message.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Frost got robbed of an assist on SSM's 2nd goal. He made a great no look, behind the back pass for a one-timer goal. They just gave the assist to the wrong player.

I've been flipping around to all our guys games. Watching the Phantoms is just painful. It's exactly like watching the Flyers. Both teams just run around getting outshout badly, playing Scott Gordon hockey.

Edit...
Frost is currently in the lead for the OHL scoring title. He has an assist so far tonight to bring him up to 99 points.

Ok, good they changed it then.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ratcliffe has been on fire since he was paired with Suzuki.
Just needed someone to get him the puck, wonder how he'd look with Frost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->