Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Frost went off again (2+2). 70 in 37 Games. Getting silly.

Not even 2 PPG?

NastyScaryFinch-size_restricted.gif

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
What kind of injury did NAK sustain? Not sure how many of you actually played at various levels but I bet the majority have had significant injuries. Its unfortunate but a lot of our best players have successfully come back from injury and hopefully NAK will next year.

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
What ever happened to Laberge? He never really played in TC and was injured and have never heard a thing about him all year? Don’t know what the injury was or if he’s even still alive...any news?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pascal Laberge had hip surgery in September.
Probably out for the year and next sighting is likely to be rookie camp in July and then a TC cameo and LHV in October.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Frost would have to fall on his face in TC not to make the team, he's worked hard to take a step up, and given his dominant D+2 performance, not sure there's any point in sending him to LHV.

The player to watch is Farabee, coming off the WJC and now a good run, his college scoring is almost a PPG, if he continues to improve he may pass GO and collect a NHL paycheck - I think one key is his size at rookie camp this summer, if he's 185-190 they may push to sign him - size matter b/c he plays a physical game near the net. But his skating is improved from the summer and he has all the tools, IQ and attitude to succeed quickly in the NHL.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Frost would have to fall on his face in TC not to make the team, he's worked hard to take a step up, and given his dominant D+2 performance, not sure there's any point in sending him to LHV.

The player to watch is Farabee, coming off the WJC and now a good run, his college scoring is almost a PPG, if he continues to improve he may pass GO and collect a NHL paycheck - I think one key is his size at rookie camp this summer, if he's 185-190 they may push to sign him - size matter b/c he plays a physical game near the net. But his skating is improved from the summer and he has all the tools, IQ and attitude to succeed quickly in the NHL.
With G, JVR and LIndblo at LW...we don't "need" Farabee to leave school unless they think he will be an upgrade over Lindblom. Another year to get stronger, play against men in college, play another WJC would not be the worst thing. He then could possibly join the Flyers after his season.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
With G, JVR and LIndblo at LW...we don't "need" Farabee to leave school unless they think he will be an upgrade over Lindblom. Another year to get stronger, play against men in college, play another WJC would not be the worst thing. He then could possibly join the Flyers after his season.

I think he’s ready for AHL hockey come next season. It won’t be the worst thing to send him back, as he needs to fill out just a bit imo.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Does he look as dominant as his stat line. I see the 4 guys ahead of him in pts all have played a lot more games than him. Glad to hear he put on decent muscle. Hopefully he sticks with the flyers next year from the start.
Yeah. He's got that league figured out. He's pretty much been the most productive player in the OHL for two straight seasons now. Last year's team was stacked but he was the best player. This year he is playing with relative no ones and still humming.

As a note, his linemate last year, Katchouk, seems to miss him.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah. He's got that league figured out. He's pretty much been the most productive player in the OHL for two straight seasons now. Last year's team was stacked but he was the best player. This year he is playing with relative no ones and still humming.

Thanks. Love hearing that. Seems like he should stay with the flyers next year. I wonder how the PP will look next year. You’d think the PP2 would be a good place to start Frost. He would take weals spot in the old setup.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, he does have Hayton, who is supposed to be the better player, #5-2018. :sarcasm:

But yeah, after that the pickings are slim:
Howdeshell, 20, overage non-drafted LW
Mackay RW, 17, ranked #83
Roth, RW, 18, isn't ranked for this summer's draft

Hollowell D, 20, #118-2018
Sambrook D, 20, #137-2016

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Here are a couple shifts from O'Brien's game yesterday. Gives you a snapshot of his speed/skill/puck pursuit.

The first shift was his 3rd of the game and if you look at the game clock, it will give you an idea of his usage. He looked good 5v5. Struggled on the PP of all situations. Mishandled a couple pucks and was a bit indecisive. He looked good last week though.

Thanks. Love hearing that. Seems like he should stay with the flyers next year. I wonder how the PP will look next year. You’d think the PP2 would be a good place to start Frost. He would take weals spot in the old setup.
Ideally he would be in Coots' new spot but that may be a little aggressive.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
It's funny that Howdeshell has the lead in 1st stars, though his success is so tied to Frost's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad