Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I expect Bernhardt to be released at some point.
The other four are locks.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
It is going to be an interesting next six months for this club .Having fired Pryor as well is leaving Fletcher with a boat load of stuff to try to get up to speed on . Usually the assistant GM takes care of the AHL club but there are two new coaches there and two new coaches on Flyers and all of them probably won't be in the same position come start of next season . Fletcher is looking for trades to help , looking to improve from within , trying to find out what all he has for players in the system he is a long way from worrying about unsigned prospects .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except that Allison and Laczynski are prime candidates to compete for a 3RW job in camp next year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they'd want to sign both, and give them a shot at winning the job in TC.
Otherwise the best move would be to include them in a trade for a young RW instead of having to trade them as seniors for draft picks.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Fazleev was one of those guys that was always talked up here as being an NHL player one day....guess that didmt work out .

Just goes to show you that many of the prospects wont sniff the nhl for the Flyers. Most of Ratcliff, Laberge, Kase, Laczynski, Allison, Strome, etc prob wont ever play a game for the Flyers let alone be regulars.

Some will keep penciling them in though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fazleyev was always seen as a marginal prospect once they started drafting real prospects.
He was in the Leier class of prospects except he never progressed that far.
6th rd pick in 2014, lacked speed to make it.

To say he's similar to Ratcliffe, Kase, Laczynski or Allison is silly.
Laberge is an injury issue, Strome is more talented but has the same problem with speed.
Fazleyev was a late round long shot, never progressed once he hit the AHL.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Heck, I could see that many of Frost, Farabee, O'Brien, Laczynski, Allison, Ratcliffe, etc. won't play for the Flyers (at least for very long). At some point they'll have to decide who to keep and who to trade. But that point probably won't be until most of these kids have spent some time on the NHL roster.

Good example is St Louis, they traded Tage Thompson b/c they also have Kyrou and Thomas and wanted a top 6 NHL forward.

Huge difference between top tier prospects, who are both your core going forward and have major trade value, second tier guys who are your cheap depth (Kase, Hogberg), and marginal guys who are lucky to get a cup of coffee (Leier, MV).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fazleev was one of those guys that was always talked up here as being an NHL player one day....guess that didmt work out .

Just goes to show you that many of the prospects wont sniff the nhl for the Flyers. Most of Ratcliff, Laberge, Kase, Laczynski, Allison, Strome, etc prob wont ever play a game for the Flyers let alone be regulars.

It wouldn't be surprising if all of them eventually played for the Flyers except Laberge who seems to suffer one major injury after another. Strome's skating will have to really improve, but everyone always knew that with him.

It wasn't long ago when the idea that all of the top D prospects would turn into NHL regulars was said to be silly. But outside of Morin who also suffered multiple major injuries, four prospects already turned into regs and Myers is on the way.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Treating very different tiers of players as equal, you might as well say that most of Farabee, Frost, Hain, Warren, Bernhardt won't ever play a game for the Flyers. I guess that's technically true.
I don't know who Hain is, but it'd be great if he made it. Not only would it do wonders for him and his family financially, but then you'd have to choke on your typed internet words. When Hain, Warren and Bernhardt become regulars for the Flyers, all the hivemind talk about Farabee and Frost will look just as foolish as this prospect worshiping you practice in.

#ObviousHeelTurn

(But seriously, keep up the good work. I enjoy learning more about the young folks. Since this is out of character- kayfabe it away.)

Reactions: Asnito

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hip surgery

Pascal Laberge undergoes hip surgery

Bad luck after the concussions, but the blessing is he'll have more time to heal his brain, which may reduce the probability of a re-occurrence.

I wouldn't expect him back until next year, when he'll finally get a chance to play for the Phantoms. He does have talent, and the time off to heal, rehab and workout could do wonders for him. The kid has had a tough go of it in life and deserves a break or two.

He'll still only be 21 next year, two seasons in the AHL to catch up to his peers, and he could potentially push for a job at age 23. Which isn't ancient by NHL standards.

Reactions: wasup

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't know who Hain is, but it'd be great if he made it. Not only would it do wonders for him and his family financially, but then you'd have to choke on your typed internet words. When Hain, Warren and Bernhardt become regulars for the Flyers, all the hivemind talk about Farabee and Frost will look just as foolish as this prospect worshiping you practice in.

#ObviousHeelTurn

(But seriously, keep up the good work. I enjoy learning more about the young folks. Since this is out of character- kayfabe it away.)

So he's a Hain't?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
D'oh, I forgot about Knight. But I don't think he'll play any more games for the Flyers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, if he went on IR as a Flyer, he's made enough money to build up decent savings, and I think he makes a solid AHL salary.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Fazleev was one of those guys that was always talked up here as being an NHL player one day.

tenor.gif

He was? I don't know about that. Are confusing him for Rubtsov or Vorobyev?

Fazleev has barely been mentioned here for at least 2 years. Before that maybe he got mentioned as a possible 4C or healthy scratch someday.

He showed promise during his WJC run. After that, he didn't improve one bit. His skating never improved, and he was not in great shape. He was near the very bottom in Corsi on the Phantoms last year.

To piggyback off what Magua said, that is quite the eclectic list of prospects. I'm not sure how closely you follow those guys, but there is a wide variance to how each player is perceived by the prospect watchers here.

I don't think any prospect watcher here is penciling in Strome anywhere ever, and Laberge is so off the radar no one would even waste pencil lead to write his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad