Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

f*** off, Pronman.

3 Point night for Zamula.
tenor.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
At the game and Juniors manhandled by the University squad.

Frost was probably the best forward for Juniors. No one stood out on defense. Could see why B-Docker and Joesph were cut.

Not impressed with LaFreniere. One game not much to go on - but for someone currently rated the best in his age group in the world, I expected more.

That's good to hear from a non-Flyers fan and given it was his 3rd in 3 nights.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski is faster (he ducks) . . .

Zamula showed great poise in camp, and that goal shows he still has it.
Now if we can just get him on the Charles Atlas program.

Reactions: Foggy14

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It still amazes me they can have such an eye for talented amateur defensemen, but when it comes to the NHL it's a complete ****show.

I want to ask you and @Stizzle something.

Is Myers the kind of kid where Fletch can go down there, watch him play, and see the unicorn that he is - or is it possible that just in viewing him down there now, the potential he has may be lost on Chuck and he doesn't see it? I don't know how to ask that more clearly, unfortunately - I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it will be clear to Chuck that he is a special prospect.

Reactions: renberg and Asnito

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I want to ask you and @Stizzle something.

Is Myers the kind of kid where Fletch can go down there, watch him play, and see the unicorn that he is - or is it possible that just in viewing him down there now, the potential he has may be lost on Chuck and he doesn't see it? I don't know how to ask that more clearly, unfortunately - I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it will be clear to Chuck that he is a special prospect.
I haven't seen a lot of the Phantoms recently, but yeah Myers has that kind of talent. A kid that big shouldn't move as well as he does. He's very noticeable. He's not 100% polished, but you don't need to be when you have talent like Myers does. He's going to be learning on the job at the NHL level. And some of the things he needs to work on, can improve with more structure around him. He's at 88 AHL games now. That is probably enough for a player of his caliber. At some point you just have to let him go and play.

But you could ask yourself the opposite, why is the coach still here? :dunno:

edit: they desperately need another guy with offensive chops on the backend. Chasing deficits with MacDonald, Hagg, and/or Gudas as the "4th guy" is tough.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers' talent is obvious, his lack of polish and his inconsistency is also obvious.
I think what they really need right now is to add a veteran RHD who's a clear upgrade over MacDonald before you bring up Myers. Someone who can stabilize the top four.

Myers should be getting 15 minutes on the 3rd pair when he comes up, with little pressure as he learns to adjust to NHL speed, he's not a Provorov natural instinct guy, he's more like Sanheim where it's going to take a couple years to learn on the job (and Sanheim last night showed he has a way to go).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->