Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I mean.......he turned 19 in September. He's 4 months younger than Frost even, and he's destroying the AHL in his first small rink experience. If a forward had those numbers at that age, people would be impressed. I'll trust you that he had a sh*tty preseason game(s), but if that's your sample, I'm not sure it's a very illuminating one -- either in size or venue. I suppose one could've watched Myers, 2.5 years older, in preseason and come away unimpressed at his NHL potential. Or Frost's one game. Or thinking Twaynski was a bonafide stud.

My point being he has a long history in the SHL, international tournaments, and now the AHL, where he has excelled and looked the part. I'm not unbiased, as he's been a favorite of mine for some time.

I certainly hope you are correct and, knowing you, you probably are. But I am not exaggerating when I say it was probably the worst game I've ever seen a defenseman play; he was clearly the worst player for Vegas (other than Subban) against a Colorado team that didn't bring its top line.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
What’s the story with frost and the wjc. His he going to make the the team. Heck he out played his team hayton all year who seems to be a lock for second line center. Any lineup up I se has him ast best 4 th line left wing

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What’s the story with frost and the wjc. His he going to make the the team. Heck he out played his team hayton all year who seems to be a lock for second line center. Any lineup up I se has him ast best 4 th line left wing

He didn’t play well in the showcase games so far & there was quote(s) from the head coach after the summer showcase that weren’t too glowing for Frost.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

What is funny is that Hayton is not a full-time C in the OHL.

He often plays on Frost's wing actually.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I looked the Canada WJC thread and saw Frost listed in various spots in the bottom 6.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What is funny is that Hayton is not a full-time C in the OHL.

He often plays on Frost's wing actually.

What's Frost's scoring with and without Hayton?
Reminds me of the Farabee knock that he was a product of Hughes.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My few watches this year have all had Hayton on Frost's wing. There is 0.1% chance Frost is a product of Hayton, who is still a solid player in his own right. Last time I checked, Frost had a 112 point season without him, and is torching the league irrespective to him.

Hayton is not half the dynamic player Hughes is either, and I think that erroneous pre-draft argument about Farabee was more about Hughes+Wahlstrom. Farabee spent half the time away from them, so it was baloney anyway.

Hockey Canada does what Hockey Canada does.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Laczynski better pick it up, imagine how embarrassing it would be for him in rookie camp next summer to be outscored by Kalynuk, a defenseman and a Badger to boot!

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Laczynski better pick it up, imagine how embarrassing it would be for him in rookie camp next summer to be outscored by Kalynuk, a defenseman and a Badger to boot!

Laczynski has only played 13 games. 5 less games than Kalynuk. Yet he has the same amount of points.

Plus, Wisconsin is averaging 3.17 goals per game. OSU is only averaging 2.56.

Laczynski is fine. He's a horse. I just watched one of his games the other day.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
If hockey was just about points it would be easy , and stat wise Laczynski 1.08 ppg Kalynuk is .78 ppg . Ohio ranked #7 Badgers #19 . Ohio 9-4-3 Badgers 8-7-3 so i think he is safe from embarrassment stand point .

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Oh my god. Could you imagine a Hakstol-Gordon-Rohlik-Lappy bench next year? :laugh:

Step 1:

200.gif

Step 2:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad