Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
BSH is doing it's top 25 under 25 and have been for a week or two now , down to 14 today , some good write ups on the prospect interesting read so far .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
BSH is doing it's top 25 under 25 and have been for a week or two now , down to 14 today , some good write ups on the prospect interesting read so far .

Good write ups for those who don't have much knowledge on them, but boy some of those picks aren't the best.

Reactions: Rebels57

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Good write ups for those who don't have much knowledge on them, but boy some of those picks aren't the best.
Yea but it's from multiple people so it's interesting to see where each one has them . Different strokes for different folks . Picks are a little off so far but not a disaster

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yea but it's from multiple people so it's interesting to see where each one has them . Different strokes for different folks . Picks are a little off so far but not a disaster

I was referring more so to individual picks. Pretty sure I remember seeing a couple people put Leier above O'Brien.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Most aren’t well-informed opinions in that BSH poll or use questionable methodology, especially concerning “closeness” bias since that gets the name recognition going in the brain. This isn’t new; the BSH rankings continually look terrible year after year. Here we have differing opinions among knowledgeable people, though we only rank prospects (which makes eons more sense). Meanwhile, they give too many unknowledgable people — who don’t even watch or apparently stay informed — legitimacy because of personal reasons. We used to roll our eyes and laugh here, but we gave up and don’t even talk about them anymore.

I just looked at one for shits and giggles: multiple people don’t think JOB is a top 25 under 25 player? Par for the course. But hey.....it’s why I post here.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I was referring more so to individual picks. Pretty sure I remember seeing a couple people put Leier above O'Brien.
Most aren’t well-informed opinions in that BSH poll or use questionable methodology, especially concerning “closeness” bias since that gets the name recognition going in the brain. This isn’t new; the BSH rankings continually look terrible year after year. Here we have differing opinions among knowledgeable people, though we only rank prospects (which makes eons more sense). Meanwhile, they give too many unknowledgable people — who don’t even watch or apparently stay informed — legitimacy because of personal reasons. We used to roll our eyes and laugh here, but we gave up and don’t even talk about them anymore.

I just looked at one for ****s and giggles: multiple people don’t think JOB is a top 25 under 25 player? Par for the course. But hey.....it’s why I post here.
Outside of the rankings i actually have enjoyed the articles written . The Haxtall and Hagg threads give me a headache

Reactions: dingbathero

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Not really. Some of the BSH staff clearly do not watch or even follow the players. Certain voters make indefensible picks year after year. It's misleading to the readers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Brad Keffer does good manual tracking work to get Phantoms stats. I check in once in a while on that front. Rarely otherwise since Charlie O'Connor has moved to the Athletic.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Not really. Some of the BSH staff clearly do not watch or even follow the players. Certain voters make indefensible picks year after year. It's misleading to the readers.
Oh i hear ya , they are about 50\50 on knowledgeable and brain dead , people wise.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I feel like Amorosa has been around forever. Honestly has he been good enough for even an AHL contact ?

He is probably capable of playing a specific role in the AHL... he has offensive skills and is good on a PP, plus is not a liability defensively anymore.

But I dont think he has an NHL future. I mean, considering right now that the Flyers+Phantoms have only 14 healthy Dmen going into the season it would not be crazy to sign him to an AHL deal.

But I guess if they want another AHL Dman they can get a better, more proven one quite easily.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They're also getting close to the 50 contract limit, so they may not want to give those out unless the player is a real prospect.
And why would Amorosa sign an AHL contract until he's explored the alternatives?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He is probably capable of playing a specific role in the AHL... he has offensive skills and is good on a PP, plus is not a liability defensively anymore.

But I dont think he has an NHL future. I mean, considering right now that the Flyers+Phantoms have only 14 healthy Dmen going into the season it would not be crazy to sign him to an AHL deal.

But I guess if they want another AHL Dman they can get a better, more proven one quite easily.
Exactly, not good enough a prospect for an ELC. I guess and AHL-ECHL deal is not out of the question, if he likes the org.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Would you rather read BSH 25 under 25 or the Dave Hakstol thread on here?

What if I gave you all this ranking? Line breaks are tiers. Names are in order within the tier.

Myers, Frost
Farabee, Hart, Lindblom, Vorobyev, JOB, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, Cates, Strome
Lycksell, Kalynuk, Morin, Sandstrom, Laczynski, Ginning
Ustimenko, Laberge, Stolarz, Allison, NAK, Martel

Reactions: FLYguy3911
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad