Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I believe we hold Fedotov's right forever until signs to play n the NHL....correct me if I am wrong
I don't know this as fact but I believe it goes until he's UFA age.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Fedotenko moved from forward to goalie in a late career move?

Fedotov however has stayed in goal and had a fine season in the KHL.
Tied for 8th (20 or more starts) with a .925 S%, his teammate Roman Will was at .917%
[.931 the previous season]
Goalies ahead of him were mostly 29 or old, one was 26.
However, 1-3 in the playoffs with a .904 S%.

I am glad you have stopped calling Fedotov Fedorov and are now helping others see the error of their ways.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I believe we hold Fedotov's right forever until signs to play n the NHL....correct me if I am wrong

Yeah. He’d have to sign an NHL deal to be able to turn UFA at 27. Otherwise the Flyers hold his rights indefinitely since there’s no transfer agreement with the KHL.

They’ll relinquish Vorobyov’s rights for example when he turns 27 as he signed an NHL deal(s). But they still have Vasiliev’s rights indefinitely for example who’s 27 now & obviously hasn’t signed an NHL deal.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hextall got six NHL players in his first two drafts. Let's pump the breaks a bit on Fletcher's two drafts.

I still think Hexy's drafts weren't quite the massive problem they are made out to be. He went for high floor too often IMO (in hindsight), but where we really failed is in development. The age-old story. Regardless (nearly) of how well Charles drafts, if we don't fix that ...
we aren't, and won't

... we won't have any better luck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I still think Hexy's drafts weren't quite the massive problem they are made out to be. He went for high floor too often IMO (in hindsight), but where we really failed is in development. The age-old story. Regardless (nearly) of how well Charles drafts, if we don't fix that (
we aren't, and won't
), we won't have any better luck.

200.gif

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I'm going to pass out soon from the G forces of the spin zone. Let me get this straight...we just promoted a guy from a coaching staff of a team that drastically underperformed and claimed he has a positive track record of connecting with younger players weeks after essentially blaming the entire trash season on the youngest players of our team.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm going to pass out soon from the G forces of the spin zone. Let me get this straight...we just promoted a guy from a coaching staff of a team that drastically underperformed and claimed he has a positive track record of connecting with younger players weeks after essentially blaming the entire trash season on the youngest players of our team.

Charlie’s deathly afraid of losing his press pass so he’s gotta kiss the ring whenever opportunity presents itself.....

Eeek

Spineless.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
"taking care of their own"

He played 1 season for the Flyers.

Named Director of Player Development despite having no experience
Named assistant coach despite no coaching experience
Named Head Coach of LV despite having no head coaching experiense

"he stuck wth the organization". Wouldn't you when they keep giving you jobs over the span of 9 years that you have no experience in doing? "Yeah, I will keep taking your money."

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

"he stuck wth the organization". Wouldn't you when they keep giving you jobs over the span of 9 years that you have no experience in doing? "Yeah, I will keep taking your money."

Like I said, Lappy's post paying career has gone completely backwards and with this organization, I'm not surprised

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Guy probably shaved like ten years off his life with those pucks to the face though.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

This jumped out at me before Charlie posted that screed:

I wonder how he felt about the under-the-busness of Hart.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
As opposed to taking a position player with one of his 3rd rounders. Taking two goalies that high was a gamble, and I don't recall many or any other teams doing it. The Flyers hit in the first round, then got exactly nothing from that draft. Of course, the bigger issue with Hextall's drafting that becomes more obvious with every passing year are the 1st and 2nd rounders he wasted on long shots and busts. Patrick I give a pass due to the unexpected migraine issue, and I think Frost will be good, but this is a lot of draft capital to waste in a three year period.

Rubtsov
Laberge
Ratcliffe
JOB
Ginning
Try watching JOB. Definitely had NHL qualities and can be a pest. A little dumb with hits at times, but I wouldn’t call him a bust lol. It was known that he was a project when drafted. No one with sense would’ve said he’s going to be in the NHL 2-3 years after being drafted. He’ll likely make a debut around the age of ~22-23 and be a T9/M6 player. Had the ability to produce and likely won’t be a big cap hit. I can also see him being a analytics dream, but I could very well be wrong.
That’s my take from what I’ve seen from him

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For those that havent seen it.

It sums up Lappy nicely. A likeable guy you want to be around that doesnt bring much else to the table.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Watched an interview with Laperriere from today and he came across very well. He mentioned a couple times he's looking forward to making his own decisions and that there have been times he probably would have done things differently than they were being taught. That said, he also asserted that they would model themselves after the Flyers to make the adjustment as easy as possible for call-ups.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Lappy is a good guy, seemingly well liked by players and front office alike. But you can’t sell me he’s not a lightweight in the hockey brain department, with zero upwards mobility. He’s closer to failing down. At best, he’s an affable puppet. I dream a little bigger with my AHL head coaches.

He mentions playing the same system as the big club, which is well and good after Scott Gordon, but it’s a shit system at the NHL level, so that’s not as well and good. Fletcher takes the path of least resistance every time, except when it comes to waiving top 4 defenders.

As for Charlie O’Connor, why would any fan/writer with wits about them want the Flyers to be a country club and glorified nepotistic pension plan? Maybe the lay fan does with weird culture arguments, but the lay fan is a moron. “Taking care of their own people” is not bigger than being successful for an $800 million dollar business. That’s called a scam. It’s a cringe worthy comment. Note: I am not saying personal connections don’t make for a strong organization.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Put "Running the same system as the big club" way down on my list of priorities when looking for an AHL coach. It's hockey. It's a free flowing sport. There are only so many components to a "system" that a coach has control over. The AHL is a developmental league for every party involved. When the NHL coach inevitably shits the bed, the first person you are going to consider is the AHL guy. Do you really want him to run the same system that seemingly failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad