I'm pretty sick of beating this dead horse. Every team has a gripe like this
Montreal is too soft
Philly has no goalie
Phaneuf is overrated and has zero hockey IQ
Etc

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nothing new here. Phaneuf has his fair share of detractors. i.e. Watters

No one has called him the best defenceman in the NHL, or even in the top 10, or has he has ever won the Norris, so I don't know how he is overrated?

If you ask me, after watching the ex Norris winner Karlsson the pylon last night perhaps they mixed up #55 for #3.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
ESPN probably interviewed zamboni drivers thinking they were hockey players because they "slide around the ice".

Not too worried. Phaneuf looks to be going into beast mode this season. Hope he starts hitting players with wild abandon hoping to get at least a few of the ones that called him overrated.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
Here is the link to the article.... http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9...ly-realignment-peds-goalie-pads-espn-magazine

However, after reading the results... either players aren't too smart, or this poll stinks considering that the same 30 also came up with the incredible response that the team most helped by realignment is the Red Wings... and the team most hurt by realignment is the... RED WINGS

:shakehead

Why is Detroit hurt the most by the alignment? It saves them so much travel time, and they leave a division where almost every team (Columbus was like 1 point away) made the playoffs last year

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Wasn't this poll done last year as well?

And do we really need to be reminded about how awesome Steen is for St.Louis? Carlyle would have a rip roaring fapfest if he was still on the Leafs right above Bolland and Clemmer. Fletch's last brainfart sure was a doozy... :facepalm:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Here is the link to the article.... http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9...ly-realignment-peds-goalie-pads-espn-magazine

However, after reading the results... either players aren't too smart, or this poll stinks considering that the same 30 also came up with the incredible response that the team most helped by realignment is the Red Wings... and the team most hurt by realignment is the... RED WINGS

:shakehead

That is all you need to know about the validity of this crap.

My morning **** is more accurate at analyzing hockey

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I personally like that he is, definitely will only help motivate his play. He's had a fantastic start to the season.

n1ck13

Jul 28, 2013
I agree.

Time to send this caveman packing

I really hope this is said with sarcasm.

No he was voted as most overated by 4 players.
13.3% of 30 players is 4. Hardly a large enough sample size to be accurate.

This is what I was attempting to point out. People argue all the time about how overrated Dion is, however, this poll, along with the others are probably not that accurate. Look at some of the results. 8.3 % said the realignment hurt the Islanders???? How????? The only team that is in their new division that they weren't already competing against is the Blue Jackets. The Caps and Canes were already in the East.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Those stats are brutal first of all. Second, espn knows jack **** about hockey. If the results didn't poll against Toronto they wouldn't have ran the story or else taken a new poll. Joke

SteveV*

I hope that is the case...but I think you are wrong.

When you start attaching price tags to players with a hard cap system, it changes everything.

Of course if you introduce cap, I'm talking ability.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
He constantly wins this thing. He's the captain of the Maple Leafs though. He is probably a little overrated by our fanbase, and people in general probably hate him because he seems very cocky plays physical.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Only 30 players were asked?? How do you judge this shat based on asking only 30 players?? ESPN at it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad