Phaneuf v. Kovalchuk

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Phaneuf slashed Kovalchuk, and Kovy started shoving Phaneuf in the corner. They drop gloves at the same time. Lots of spinning around, hugging and rabbit punches. Phaneuf landed a couple of harmless uppercuts. Kovy lost his helmet and got slammed to the ice pretty hard at the end. He seemed fine though.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

I didn't even think the slash was a big deal. Kovalchuk is obviously frustrated.

What is really sad is that nobody stepped in to protect their goal scoring star.

Dogbert*

I'd like to see it again before I say anything conclusively, but I'm pretty sure I saw Phaneuf throw an elbow.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Grope fest. Phaneuf got an elbow in there, and if anything i would say he got the better of the fight, but not much to brag about as it was pretty brutal.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

What is there to protect Kovalchuk from? It's not like Phaneuf can fight.

Definitely threw his elbow around too. Didn't look innocent.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
My favorite part is Chico's commentary at the end of the fight "and he (Kovy) takes Phaneuf down" as Kovy falls backwards with Phaneuf on top of him.

ppaul092

Twiggy Aliens
Dec 11, 2010
Yeah it's pretty cold in NJ. I'm sure Kovalchuk was burrying all the way to the penalty box after that one.

now thats a kneeslapper!:nod:

phaneuf gets the decision though.. good win for TO

Last edited:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
not the most impressive fight for either of them

kovy should have stopped after he destroyed mccabe a couple years ago. he's never gonna have a fight as good as that one.

straka91*

Phaneuf sucks at fighting for being a "fighter"
Kovy handled himself well and did something worthy of praise this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->