Phaneuf leads the WHL in scoring....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velouria

Sep 23, 2004
This guy was unbelieveable tonight. I really believe that Phaneuf could step right into the NHL today. He is hands down the greatest WHL player I have ever seen.

silver_made*

Disco Volante said:
I was just being amazed by his stats (ok, only 3 games, but still :amazed: ) and I checked if there was a thread about it...

I thought this guy was a stay-at-home gritty D...

and to think he was the THIRD defenseman drafted in his draft year. coburn and suter are no slouches, but still.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
silver_made said:
and to think he was the THIRD defenseman drafted in his draft year. coburn and suter are no slouches, but still.

At one point in his draft year, he was slated around 15 or so.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Not a bash at Barker, but from seeing them live they are not even in the same league -and Cam is only 1 year younger...

*For the record... I like Barker enough*

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
7pts in 3 games.. thats nothing guys!!! Souray scored 6pts in one GAME!!! IN THE NHL !!!

;)

whoah.. 2222 post.. i think I'm due to buy a ''petit 2'' from KFC. (only quebecers who speak french will understand lol)

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Crusher20 said:
7pts in 3 games.. thats nothing guys!!! Souray scored 6pts in one GAME!!! IN THE NHL !!!

;)

whoah.. 2222 post.. i think I'm due to buy a ''petit 2'' from KFC. (only quebecers who speak french will understand lol)

Ya, but what team was it against?

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
E = CH² said:
A much much better team than any WHL ones :dunno:

Keep in mind the talent levels of Montreal as well compared to what Dion is working with too. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it against the Penguins the big point night for Souray. Shean Sonovan got a hattrick against them as well if this is the case, so I would't use 1 game as such a factor. Unless all those 6 points were goals, which they were not.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Oh who cares? The Souray thing was a joke.

Back on topic, Dion Phaneuf is starting to show the offence in him that people who haven't watched him just don't know he has. His shot from the point and poise on a powerplay is really something to marvel at for a 19 year old. His shot is booming, fast, accurate and most important, he can get it off quick.

With Leopold's playmaking ability, and Phaneuf's show you should see a very good Calgary Flames powerplay when he makes it to the NHL.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
With Leopold's playmaking ability, and Phaneuf's show you should see a very good Calgary Flames powerplay when he makes it to the NHL.

Don't forget Iginla infront of the net. What a lethal triangle.

Velouria

Sep 23, 2004
Five years from now I see the Flames with a devastating powerplay.....

Leopold-Phaneuf on the points
Iginla circling
Kobasew on the boards
Lombardi behind the net....

Bully73

Jul 22, 2004
Brandon
db23 said:
Much as I hate the Flames fans, I have to admit he is making a beleiver out of me. 7 points in 3 games. Maybe he is ready for the NHL.[/QUOT
Phaneuf didn't have a very good game tonight in Brandon. He did show a couple flashes of offensive brilliance, but his defense wasn't very good which is surprising since that is what he has been known for the past couple of years. Got pick-pocketed coming out from behind his own net on the PP and it led directly to a shorthanded goal and then later in the game he got pick-pocketed again coming out from behind his own net.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Bully73 said:
Phaneuf didn't have a very good game tonight in Brandon. He did show a couple flashes of offensive brilliance, but his defense wasn't very good which is surprising since that is what he has been known for the past couple of years. Got pick-pocketed coming out from behind his own net on the PP and it led directly to a shorthanded goal and then later in the game he got pick-pocketed again coming out from behind his own net.

7 points in 3 games and most D prospects start thinking they are Bobby Orr. He'll get his head back on straight. Nothing to worry about.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
me2 said:
7 points in 3 games and most D prospects start thinking they are Bobby Orr. He'll get his head back on straight. Nothing to worry about.
Well thats an interesting take on the situation.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
db23 said:
Much as I hate the Flames fans, I have to admit he is making a beleiver out of me. 7 points in 3 games. Maybe he is ready for the NHL.

I am a huge phaneuf fan but....its 7 points in 5 games not 3 games FTR....and he had a horrible game in brandon vs one of the only real teams hes played yet this year.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I am a huge phaneuf fan but....its 7 points in 5 games not 3 games FTR....and he had a horrible game in brandon vs one of the only real teams hes played yet this year.
At the time he posted this it was 7 points in 3 games. So there is no need to say he made a mistake in saying 7 points in 3 games.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Looks like Calgary has a real good one. I look forward to seeing him play in the NHL in a couple years, maybe earlier.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
wow, we must be desparate for news.
7 pts in 3 games, now wait, 5. Guess he is a lock for the Calder.
5 games do not a season make. Let's be patient. Maybe he is that good, maybe not. Leading a league after three games is not much of a statistical base to go on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->