PGT: Summerslam 2017

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you take the top 5 matches similar matches from SummerSlam, it's not really too far off.

4-way 4.75
Either tag 4
Styles/Owens 3.75
Cruiserweights 3.5
Either women's 3

3.8 average. Goes up if you take out the women and put in the other tag. But NXT was still the way better show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Before this gets too far away, want to post some ratings. I think we should really do a match rating thread although I'm not sure how many of us do it.

Takeover
Almas vs. Gargano: ****1/4
SANitY vs. Authors of Pain: ***3/4
Itami vs. Black: ***1/2
Asuka vs. Moon: ****3/4
McIntyre vs. Roode: ****

SummerSlam:
Miztourage vs. Jordan/Hardys: **
Neville vs. Tozawa: ***1/4
Usos vs. New Day: ****1/4
Cena vs. Corbin: **
Natalya vs. Naomi: ***
Cass vs. Show: -*
Sasha vs. Alexa: ***
Balor vs. Wyatt: **3/4
Ambrose/Rollins vs. Cesaro/Sheamus: ****1/4
Styles vs. Owens: ***3/4
Mahal vs. Nakamura: *3/4
Lesnar vs. Joe vs. Reigns vs. Strowman: ****1/2

Ambrose/Rollins vs. Hardys ***1/2
Balor vs. Jordan ***

Some comments

-Black/Itami was not as over in the building as it seems to be everywhere else.
-Asuka/Ember imo is the second best women's match in WWE history, just edging out the Ironman match with Sasha/Bayley, but both have the same rating. Only the 4-way compares to the electricity that was in for that match.
-Usos/New Day obviously should've been on the main show and would've been graded higher and been hotter had it been. The Raw tag obviously picked up when Cesaro did what he did, but Seth doing the hurricanrana was the surprise mark-out spot of the night
-Cass/Show gets a minus because it was drag that went too long and the stipulation was completely illogical. Will likely be my vote for worst match of the year.
-Building seemed hotter for Trin/Nattie than Alexa/Sasha, the finish made more sense in the SDW match whereas for Sasha it came out of nowhere and made less sense given the commentary. Regardless, both were worked well and any woman who has fought Sasha has had their best match with her. Trin also had her best match ever, it wasn't a blow away match but I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely say she rose to the occasion.
-Bray Wyatt still sucks.
-Match quality is obviously low on the priority list when it comes to Jinder, and it wastes Nakamura. Especially when he's made to look like a geek.
-Crowd was on their feet for most of the 4-way, the power moves and huge spots obviously made the match. Just wish Joe was a little more involved.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We can do a match rating thread. I post a top-50-100 list at the end of the year anyways and it's probably better off in a general thread like that.

It can be for PPVs, TV, older shows, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad