PGT: Summerslam 2017

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they're doing Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen at Survivor Series, one of them has (or should be, rather) a champion. Sasha was the only one they can pick. Smackdown is having their title mucked up among total divas and they also don't need both titles on the show. All changes if Asuka comes out tonight but I'm not holding my breath there, guessing we get a rematch tonight that has a good chance of being better than last night.

Another match where they had a bad finish that caught the crowd by surprise and the match wasn't over enough to get a great reaction. I can't remember the last time the Raw women had a PPV with a good finish. Iron man match? Good finishes have a big role in good booking. No video package either to hype it up.

Nakamura in a hell in a cell is not something that necessarily appeals to me. I don't want to see him messing around with tables and chairs and stooges and running around a cell and what not.

Wyatt had his best match in a while with Bálor but I credit that more to Bálor. The Demon was definitely, but how far will it go if he never gets Lesnar?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jinder's matches are all cut and paste. Literally the same thing every show. Same with his promos.

I still can't believe they had Rusev attack Orton pre-match and lose in 8 seconds.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With so many matches, somebody had to get squashed. I would've been fine if it was Balor/Wyatt that was like that because it would've made sense for the Demon character and who care if Wyatt looks like a geek because he is a geek.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
its hilarious they included that nothing match with Orton, then didnt even use it to help Rusev

"Randy we need you to job to a foreigner, but we will let you squash another one ok"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With so many matches, somebody had to get squashed. I would've been fine if it was Balor/Wyatt that was like that because it would've made sense for the Demon character and who care if Wyatt looks like a geek because he is a geek.

Then, and this is a wild thought, stop packing so many guys into a single card and making shows so long. A legitimate match could have just happened on Smackdown. It's so ****ing stupid to squash Rusev like that. There's no other way to put it. Do a backstage angle where they brawl or Rusev destroys Randy and put off the match. There was no need for it to happen like it did.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Then, and this is a wild thought, stop packing so many guys into a single card and making shows so long. A legitimate match could have just happened on Smackdown. It's so ****ing stupid to squash Rusev like that. There's no other way to put it. Do a backstage angle where they brawl or Rusev destroys Randy and put off the match. There was no need for it to happen like it did.

How many people did they leave off this card to begin with? The match didn't happen here so it probably will on Smackdown.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
My star ratings and I'm not rewatching this crap;

Miztourage vs JJ/Hardys: *3/4
Neville vs Tozawa: ***1/4
Usos vs New Day: ****
Cena vs Corbin: *3/4
Nattie vs Naomi: ***1/4
Cass vs Show: DUD
Rusev vs Orton: DUD
Bliss vs Banks: **1/2
Balor vs Bray: **
Shesaro vs Shield: ****
AJ vs Owens: ***1/2
Mahal vs Nakamura: 3/4*
Lesnar vs Roman vs Joe vs Braun: ***1/2

After NXT putting on the incredible show that they did... This is a kick in the face.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Yup he's so unbelievable that Paul Heyman wasn't pushing for him to win the title after he had a great feud with Lesnar.

How the hell can you say he doesn't have a believability factor to be a World Champion?

curtisaxel.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You've always been against long shows but that has ZERO to do with quality writing or time management.

NJPW does long shows somewhat frequently and they're high quality. Not every match has to be great but they need to be done for a reason.

Rusev getting squashed, very likely, wasn't done for a reason. Unless he goes nuts and starts squashing people himself because he unleashes himself fully... then it was awful. It does nothing for Orton.

If Rusev ends up with a push, I would then reevaluate my rating. But we know WWE - so we know they don't know why it's done.

It didn't happen due to time. No way. He was squashed to probably repay Orton for putting over Mahal.

We had a 20 minute Show/Cass/Enzo segment that could have told the same story and been better for Cass' push in 6 or 7 minutes. Just an example.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Oh and I almost thought Reigns forgot how to throw a Superman Punch in the 30 seconds he didn't throw one last night.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm against long WWE shows because they've proven time and time again that they don't know how to book them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Also, the stretcher bit should have been completely cut from the four way. Strowman should have dragged Lesnar into the ring and pinned him after flipping the table on him. Make him in that moment. Lesnar goes against his word and returns in 2018 for a WM match against Strowman to avenge the beating.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Also, the stretcher bit should have been completely cut from the four way. Strowman should have dragged Lesnar into the ring and pinned him after flipping the table on him. Make him in that moment. Lesnar goes against his word and returns in 2018 for a WM match against Strowman to avenge the beating.
The stretcher was just there so we knew Lesnar was going to win so we could go to bed early.

They could have made Strowman or Joe last night. But they didn't.

Give it another couple months and they'll have killed Nakamura like they did Dillinger.

Survivor Series last year was a pretty good 4 hour show. So they can do it. Sort of. They just don't.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I knew Dillinger was going to be dead on the main roster. I'm not surprised by it.

I just didn't think RuRu would be eating pins in 8 seconds AFTER HE ATTACKS HIS OPPONENT FROM BEHIND, or Zayn would be booked the way he has.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I knew Dillinger was going to be dead on the main roster. I'm not surprised by it.

I just didn't think RuRu would be eating pins in 8 seconds AFTER HE ATTACKS HIS OPPONENT FROM BEHIND, or Zayn would be booked the way he has.

It's kind of our own faults. We know how the product is now, and has been for awhile, yet we still continue to watch because we're dumbasses and get sucked in by 1 or 2 good moments every so often.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The worst part of SS for me was the Rusev match. I was actually kinda looking forward to the match and seeing how good it could be.
Orton could probably have a good match with Rusev now that he's motivated again from squashing him.

Dillinger is dead because WWE wanted him dead.

Dude was so over for the first few weeks. Undeafted. Then just removed from TV. Then comes back for 1 show and disappears again.

He still gets solid reactions and the crowd still chants 10 when he's not around. But they killed something else that they made huge.

It's funny... people complain about WWE not making stars. Fact is... They do. But then they cut them off immedately.

Cesaro is another guy that was getting super over and they just squashed it. There's no brass ring. There's a whether Vince likes you or not.

Goes as far back as Christian.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I really liked the main event and Usos vs New Day. There were some other matches which were okay and some which were shockingly bad. I guess, that makes it an average WWE* PPV.
*not counting NXT obviously

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
anyone who thinks Joe is a midcarder is out to lunch. hes easily main event talent

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
anyone who thinks Joe is a midcarder is out to lunch. hes easily main event talent
He's amazing. Great presence, fantastic promos, awesome in the ring. He can sell like few are able to and he has a (mostly) realistic but also impressive looking, diverse fighting style. One of my absolute favorites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->