PGT: 2017 Golden Globe Awards

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Thank god Fallon was kept mostly off screen the last two hours. Pretty boring show though. Oscars will probably be more entertaining for once this year.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Happiest moment: Huppert and Elle winning their much deserved rewards.

Glad to see Affleck and Moonlight take big prizes, too.

General conclusion, re the Academy Awards: Turn out the lights, La La Land is going to win in a landslide. Two reasons: it's an excellent movie and Hollywood sees it as a story about itself.

Funniest gag: Steve Carell and Kristen Wiig's routine.

And good for Meryl Streep. For her career and for her inherent sense of decency.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I do, but it also looks like it could be disappointing and overhyped. I'll check it out when it comes to Netflix or HBO whichever comes first.
It's neither. One you get past the big opening number, La La Land is quite intimate and even touching. There are several movies that could win on merit this year, and La La Land is one of them.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
It is. I came out of the movie pretty much thinking to myself that it would sweep the major awards

It's neither. One you get past the big opening number, La La Land is quite intimate and even touching. There are several movies that could win on merit this year, and La La Land is one of them.

I love Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone too and I like musicals so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I do not care for Elle, but I am glad Huppert won. I really hope she gets an Oscar nomination, and get that too. She really deserves it, for her extraordinary career.

Affleck also deserves his trophy.

Finally, Moonlight is a good choice for the big one. That is amongst the best films I have seen this year. Hopefully, this boosts its Oscar chances, but like kihei says, La La Land looks to be the favourite at this point. It is at 2:1 right now on some betting sites.

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I loved the unimpressed audience reactions while Tom Hiddleston basically humblebragged about being recognized by French doctors while volunteering in Sudan. What a weenie.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Meryl Meryl Meryl blah blah blah blah

I'm glad they got the Lifetime Achievement thing for her done, so we can not listen to folks just gush about her every year. :eyeroll:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad